BAD: Never surrender your gun, stupid!

This is a discussion on BAD: Never surrender your gun, stupid! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; San Diego County transit officer shot - 7/19/09 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com LA MESA, Calif. -- San Diego ...

Thread: BAD: Never surrender your gun, stupid!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

San Diego County transit officer shot - 7/19/09 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com

LA MESA, Calif. -- San Diego County authorities say a Metropolitan Transit System security officer was shot twice and his gun was stolen at a mall trolley station, and a suspect is at large.

La Mesa police Sgt. Peter Andersson says the officer was shot Saturday night at the Grossmont Center stop after trying to check the suspect's trolley ticket.

Andersson says while the officer was on the ground, the suspect demanded his service pistol and then shot him again with the same gun.

The man then fled up stairs and into the shopping center.

The officer, whose name has not been released, is hospitalized in stable condition Sunday.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sounds to me like the time to 'go for it'...if it's YOUR TIME, you might as well take the BG along for the 'Throne Meeting' (or perhaps, just send him alone)...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I know what went wrong ,the cop assumed the BG did not have a gun since it is illegal in San Diego to carry concealed without a permit and those are about as plentiful as teeth in a meth addicts mouth,I realise they say never give your gun up,but when you got a gun pointed at your head and the one chance you have to see your family again is comply,the never give your gun up has to do more in a mexican standoff or hostage situation where the guy has a hostage and tells you drop your gun or I kill him,you reply if you kill him your next
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I know what went wrong ,the cop assumed the BG did not have a gun since it is illegal in San Diego to carry concealed without a permit and those are about as plentiful as teeth in a meth addicts mouth,I realise they say never give your gun up,but when you got a gun pointed at your head and the one chance you have to see your family again is comply,the never give your gun up has to do more in a mexican standoff or hostage situation where the guy has a hostage and tells you drop your gun or I kill him,you reply if you kill him your next
    100%
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Thank God the officer will hopefully survive.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'd say you'd have to be in the guard shoes to make the call to comply or shoot. We're not told how bad the first shot was, but the guard was down. Tough call, but whould any of us face this situation, may we be granted the quick wisdom to know how to respond.

Without being there, it is difficult to say whether the OODA loop gives him time to draw and fire.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Sponsored Links