Store video catches cop bullying woman

This is a discussion on Store video catches cop bullying woman within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If I waved my pistol in a threatening manner I know where I'd end up....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Store video catches cop bullying woman

If I waved my pistol in a threatening manner I know where I'd end up.

2. Remove Ads

I HAVE A BADGE and a gun...therefore I am above the law. One only has to witness a state trooper speeding down the highway for no reason to witness this phlosophy in motion. Who is gonna pull him/her over?

Human nature at its worst

jbs
    Philly's pucker factor just increased 10 fold. Fox news right now is running the story. If they thought there wouldn't be publicity and they could bury it, it's nationwide now. Hope there's a major outcry and they charge the guy who should not be a cop.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    I HAVE A BADGE and a gun...therefore I am above the law. One only has to witness a state trooper speeding down the highway for no reason to witness this phlosophy in motion.
    Just curious...how do you know it is for "no reason"?

In the original story, I missed the part about the IAD investigation resulting in no disciplinary action for the officers who tried to get the store clerk to destroy the tape. Inexcusable! It is, at the least, interfering with a police investigation (yes, a police officer can be charged with that, even if their own department is running the investigation they are accused of interfering with). I would be more inclined to call it witness tampering or witness intimidation, which is a felony in most states. None of these officers should remain on the job and should be charged for the criminal activity. The City of Philadelphia and the PPD will end up paying for this, one way or the other.

Imagine one day down the road, this same officers loses his temper, blows his top, and beats somebody to death? Or is involved in a questionable shooting? The victim's family can easily show a pattern of behavior that was ignored by PPD and the city/department's liability will be huge. A criminal with a badge (and, in this case, the criminal's son) make it hard for every honest, hard working cop. As long as this story is in the news, every time somebody looks at a PPD Officer, in their mind's eye, they will see this thug. He and his son both need to be in jail.
    Just my opinion,
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by jbs View Post
    Philly's pucker factor just increased 10 fold. Fox news right now is running the story. If they thought there wouldn't be publicity and they could bury it, it's nationwide now. Hope there's a major outcry and they charge the guy who should not be a cop.
    I hope Fox News turns this nightmare around...this garbage with a badge needs to serve time...his son, too.
    The young lady should get a LARGE paycheck.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jbs View Post
    Not to mention the OTHER cops that asked the clerk a few times to erase the tape, or should I say the evidence?? They too should be kicked out!

In Texas he might of got shot for his trouble and his actions been a legal justification for self defense
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Looks like she made one major mistake. She should have called 911 and reported the accident then waited for the cops to arrive. You should always report any incident FIRST before someone else has a chance to report a lie about it. Police usually respond to the first reporting.

Sue, sue like the wind!

How could the IA dept. find no issues with police trying to destroy what would end up being evidence?

Is it just me or is that junior in the store with them? I believe he was the first to push her back when she tried leaving. Or am I seeing things?
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Maybe , there needs to be a State or FBI investigation of the Philly PD .

No, I think you are right.... Junior is screaming at her at one point, then shoves her, then grabs her.... which daddy then jumps in and grabs her at the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by MedPig View Post
    As a former cop, this action alone should be enough to cost him his job. He lied as to what happened, lied about claiming someone had a gun, when his own kid did, and tried to suppress evidence, by suggesting they erase the tape.

Nope, he ought to be working in ANY other field BUT police work.
    Would you like fries with that?
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

VIP Member
    That video ought to be shown at every police academy as in "what NOT to do" ?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

This is why I continue to say, over and over, that when a LEO is in uniform, he should have an on-person video running at all times. It could be mounted in his badge. Cameras and memory storage are super-cheap these days.

It's great that we have a system of laws and many dedicated LEO's to enforce those laws. However, I strongly believe the public is entitled to see exactly what transpires at each and every LEO/civilian encounter.

If you want to "serve and protect" the public, then the public should have easy access to all your activities while on duty.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    This is why I continue to say, over and over, that when a LEO is in uniform, he should have an on-person video running at all times. It could be mounted in his badge....
    If you want to "serve and protect" the public, then the public should have easy access to all your activities while on duty.

-

Chevy-SS,
    While I understand your point, give that particular idea some further thought. Imagine (God forbid) that your wife/mother/daughter/sister has been sexually assaulted. A Police Officer responds and has to interview her. You want that recorded with “easy access” for the general public? Or your neighbor's child ahs falsely accused you of some sexual impropriety with him/her. The police respond and interview you. You want this all on video with “easy access” for the general public? Your house is broken into. You call the police, who respond and interview you regarding the crime. During that interview, you supply very specific information about your home; your security system; your personal property; your schedule; etc. You want this all on video and "easily accessible" to the general public? What about dinner breaks and trips to the bathroom? Are these on tape as well? I would certainly assume not (unless you are really creepy ), so the officer would obviously have to have the ability to activate and shut off the system. Who would determine when he/she was allowed to do so.

And, if you are going to put police officers on 24/7 record, you had better do it with every other public servant. Firefighters have the lawful ability to enter your home, by force, when you are not home. Better record them too. And EMT's have full access to your body while unobserved in the back of an ambulance. Better record them too.

Again, I understand your point, but it is not really a practical (or, in my opinion, good) idea.

Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links