Don't bring a SG to a frying pan fight

This is a discussion on Don't bring a SG to a frying pan fight within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In battle of fry pan vs. shotgun, fry pan comes out on top | HeraldTribune.com | Sarasota Florida | Southwest Florida's Information Leader In battle ...

Thread: Don't bring a SG to a frying pan fight

Don't bring a SG to a frying pan fight

In battle of fry pan vs. shotgun, fry pan comes out on top | HeraldTribune.com | Sarasota Florida | Southwest Florida's Information Leader

In battle of fry pan vs. shotgun, fry pan comes out on top

By Bart Pfankuch

Published: Monday, July 20, 2009 at 8:27 a.m.
    Last Modified: Monday, July 20, 2009 at 9:55 a.m.

MANATEE COUNTY -- Law officers generally recommend that robbery victims not fight back, especially when the robber has a loaded shotgun and all the victim has is a cooking implement.

But a Manatee County man whose home was invaded by a masked, shotgun-carrying robber early today used a fry pan to successfully fend off the robber, who then ran away with nothing.

The robbery happened around 12:30 a.m. today at a home in the 1800 block of Bayshore Gardens Parkway in South Manatee County, according to a Manatee Sheriff’s press release.

Three women in their 20s and 30s were home when the armed man came into the home through an unlocked door. He pointed a shotgun at the women and demanded cash, the release said.

As some residents were complying, another resident reportedly ed a frying pan and went after the robber with it.

The man then fled the residence without taking anything and without injuring anyone, the release said. A sheriff’s dog and deputies searched the area but turned up nothing.

Sheriff's spokesman Dave Bristow said all those involved, including the victims, were involved in the sale and use of prescription drugs.
    Amazingly enough, they had a stupid, incompetent or inexperienced BG, and survived.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

They are lucky he didn't wanta escalate from armed robbery to murder,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    They are lucky he didn't wanta escalate from armed robbery to murder,
    exactly!
    It comes a time in your life when you run across someone you should have never @#$$% with. Allow me to introduce myself!

Wonder how well I could conceal a frying pan in my IWB holster.....>Wonder if a pan cake holster would work ?
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I know this neighborhood... a mix of retirees and middle-class working families, close to good schools and a community college. Not "the hood" or a rough part of town by any stretch... most people would be glad to live in a neighborhood this nice.

Just goes to show that a home invasion can happen anywhere, even your own "nice" neighborhood...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    I know this neighborhood... a mix of retirees and middle-class working families, close to good schools and a community college. Not "the hood" or a rough part of town by any stretch... most people would be glad to live in a neighborhood this nice.

Just goes to show that a home invasion can happen anywhere, even your own "nice" neighborhood...
    From the OP:

.........all those involved, including the victims, were involved in the sale and use of prescription drugs.
    Sounds like there are some unsavory neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post

Why go to neighborhood that has nothing when you have some that may have something worth taking.

Links