Carjacker gets whats coming to him.

This is a discussion on Carjacker gets whats coming to him. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; HPD: 74-year-old man shoots carjacker in SW Houston By DALE LEZON Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle July 23, 2009, 12:40PM Share Print Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo! BuzzFacebookStumbleUponA 74-year-old ...

Thread: Carjacker gets whats coming to him.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

HPD: 74-year-old man shoots carjacker in SW Houston
    By DALE LEZON Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
    July 23, 2009, 12:40PM
    Print Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo! BuzzFacebookStumbleUponA 74-year-old man shot and wounded a teenager who attempted to carjack him with a knife early this morning in southwest Houston, police said.

The 16-year-old male suspect was wounded in the abdomen and was caught by police after he tried to run away following the shooting. He was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital in fair condition.

No other injuries were reported.

Police have not released the suspect's name because no charges have been filed against him, but investigators said that he will mostly likely be charged with aggravated robbery.

The shooting happened outside a home in the 10900 block of Corona in southwest Houston about 6:30 a.m., police said.

The victim, whose name has not been released, had just parked his car in front of his wife's home when he noticed another car drive past him and park at the curb across the street.

When the victim got out of his car, he told investigators that the teen came up to him and pressed a knife against his throat.

"He said, 'Give me your car or I'll kill you,'" said Victor Senties,a spokesman for the Houston Police Department.

The victim was able to reach inside his car to get a pistol. He fired two shots at the suspect, Senties said.

The suspect ran into the driveway of a home across the street and then somehow got into the home. He broke a window to get out and continued running away. Senties said no one was at the home at the time.

Police found the teen moments later on bridge on Wilcrest near Bellaire about two blocks from where he was shot.

Investigators are uncertain if the teenager got out of the car the victim had seen park on the street. They have no description of the vehicle and no other suspects at this time.

Bet he didn't see that coming from an old man!

Great story...but a sad ending...BG not ...congrats to the elderly man for defending himself.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Another reason to get out of the "carjacking bitnez". Gettin' a bit on the dangerous side.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

God has blessed Texas,. . With him out of the car, in Arizona that isn't allowed,.. You can only defend yourself if you or someone else is in the car that is being jacked.. (from my understanding)

If more died trying more would think twice. Unfortunately this little dirtbag will move on with his life of crime.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    God has blessed Texas,. . With him out of the car, in Arizona that isn't allowed,.. You can only defend yourself if you or someone else is in the car that is being jacked.. (from my understanding)
    I'll defer to those in AZ, and I'm just too darn lazy to look it up, but I'd be astonished if you couldn't respond to armed robbery with deadly force......which is exactly what happened here.

Is it possible that you're confusing Castle Doctrine as it relates to automobiles with your right to self-defense when confronted by a lethal attack?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Part of SB 1145 (AZ 'Castle Doctrine')

(4) A person is generally presumed to be justified in use of force if the attacker has unlawfully forced his way into residence or car or is trying to do so
    I'm good with the shooter's actions!

Great story...but a sad ending...BG not ...congrats to the elderly man for defending himself
    True, but being gut shot will have painful implications for a long time; and that's a very pleasant thought as far as I'm concerned.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

[QUOTE]
    With him out of the car, in Arizona that isn't allowed,.. You can only defend yourself if you or someone else is in the car that is being jacked.. (from my understanding)
    When the victim got out of his car, he told investigators that the teen came up to him and pressed a knife against his throat.

"He said, 'Give me your car or I'll kill you,'" said Victor Senties,a spokesman for the Houston Police Department.
    I'd say that in any case the victim had just cause to use lethal force.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

It's been said before...

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Don't mess with old people, they're cranky!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Sponsored Links