Guy with gun confronts skateboarder - Page 3

Guy with gun confronts skateboarder

This is a discussion on Guy with gun confronts skateboarder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I had to respond. Especially on the "fair" comments. I hope the time never comes, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I had to respond. Especially on the "fair" comments. I hope the time never comes, but perhaps when you're there...you'll understand the term fair and necessity of putting it aside in a knock-down, dragged out fight to live.

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Disclaimer: I didn't listen to the sound. I'm at work.

Sigh. A poster has to point out the guy's fat and out of shape. That proves or excuses nothing!
    Sure it does. If you're going to go around putting a pistol in folks faces and starting fights...you better be in shape if you don't have the jewels to use that pistol. If you can't go the distance or can't finish it...don't start it. It's a simple concept. That's why you don't see professional fighters that look like the local pub-crawl beer-gut champions.

Guy shouldn't have gotten in the skaters' faces. Guy shouldn't have shown his gun unless he needed to use it.
    I think we all agree on that one

Doesn't mean he should get the #%&* beat out of him, and outnumbered to boot. Unfair is unfair.
    Naive... There's no such thing as fair when you're fighting someone that pulls a gun on you. Someone pulls a gun on you there is no fair. EVERYTHING is fair game. When someone puts a gun to your head and you have the chance to act, albeit unarmed you use EVERYTHING you have to get home alive. Fists, feet, Eye gouges, teeth(only rule I have about that is that if you use your teeth...they better darn well meet in the middle!). Had it been me he wouldn't have been wobbly because he wouldn't be able to get back up at all. And yes...he had it coming.
    Here's food for thought...who's he going to pull a gun on next when he gets out of the graybar motel? You? Me? Your kids...?

And sure as *#*% doesn't mean you guys should be laughing at it all.
    Possibly agree, but only because I think it's something we all should be able to learn from...can't help but laugh at the maroon though... He picked a fight with a lion and got a whoopin.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I would imagine that when they trucked the fat kid in the head it probably caused a nice concussion.. Those skateboard trucks are very hard and they have giant bolts right in between the wheels.. OUCH!

Who knows the context of the situation but I'd imagine the jumping was justified since the the fat kid pulled the gun first..
    Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows.
    - David T. Wolf

as stated prior to me.....
    "Unfair is unfair."

This is posably the most foolish thing I have heard in quite some time.
    if your in need of fair then go to a ring and fight. fair has no place on the street.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

I thought that not beating the guy to death was more than fair.

If someone pulled a gun on me and I had to fight him hand to hand I certainly hope any available friends would help.

"Fair fight" is the first cry of the bully. It always comes when his victim does something that the bully can't deal with.

After watching the video and reading this discussion, I think it begs the question, what would I do?....

Knowing what happens and that the guys a pushover aside, the bottom line is, he's pointing a weapon at you. I take a lethal weapon pointed at my direction very seriously and even more personally.

Every circumstance is different of course and I imagine I could talk my way out of it. But the guy has a load (or presumed loaded) weapon pointed at me. Combined with multiple witnesses, I don't think I'd be in the wrong, legally speaking, waiting for him to have that gun not directly pointed at, me, drawing from the hip firing pointblank as soon as it clears my legs and pulling the trigger till the slide locks open. Yeah it's just a dumb stupid kid who probably doesn't know how to use the thing, but pointing it at anyone isn't the way to learn either.

What do you think on this? The tricky thing is, tactically speaking, the rule is to never draw when someone has the drop on you. But I could see completely catching that guy off with a fast draw and fast presentation. due to his lack of proficiency in firearms just based on the way he is using it. I wonder then, pleading devil's advocate, could a lawyer press a jury hold me accountable because I made a tactical decision based on the assessment that the punk wasn't a "threat" per say. I hope what I am trying to say makes sense.

Tactically I'm not sure...I could run and most likely he wouldn't fire. I just don't like turning my back on someone pointing a gun at me.

Disclaimer: I didn't listen to the sound. I'm at work.

Sigh. A poster has to point out the guy's fat and out of shape. That proves or excuses nothing!

Guy shouldn't have gotten in the skaters' faces. Guy shouldn't have shown his gun unless he needed to use it.

Doesn't mean he should get the #%&* beat out of him, and outnumbered to boot. Unfair is unfair.

And sure as *#*% doesn't mean you guys should be laughing at it all.
    I couldn't possibly disagree any more than I do.

That a-hole was threatening a kids life. He should have gotten shot.

What did I just read?

"If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

"Two rules of a fight, always cheat and always win."
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    facts are facts he is fat and he got what he deserved...no apology from me.outnumbered? how many bullets did he have?
    LOL!! I completely agree.

It still trips me out that the skater turned his back on the guy, that was stupid.

I also saw another skater come in and hit the gun toting knucklehead in the top of his head, good way to break your own hand.

I wonder how much it hurt the guy when he got pounded by the trucks on that one guy's skateboard.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I saw this a few days ago on another site. I was rooting for the skater kids. The gang banger got what he deserved. I hope they beat him to death. Justice served.

Until it's your brother, or best friend, etc. etc. etc.
    'Nuff said by me.
    With respect sir, you have not learned one single thing from your time here.

If the fat and stupid banger was my brother or best friend, I would join in with the skaters and beat the hell out of him too.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I cannot believe that some people are defending the thug in this video. He deserved to be beaten within an inch of his life.

My sons a skate boarder and runs into problems once in a while. A skate board is a great equalizer if handled right.

my carry piece, a skate board, one stop head shots!

We need to modify the Tueller drill to involve a skate board and not a knife. how fast can you draw and fire and hit a BG with a skateboard 21 feet away?
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    I cannot believe that some people are defending the thug in this video. He deserved to be beaten within an inch of his life.
    I tend to side with you but we don't know the whole story here. What led up to this?

Can't agree with the "beat to death" though. The threat was removed. No reason to take a life.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links