Guy with gun confronts skateboarder

This is a discussion on Guy with gun confronts skateboarder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Faitmaker Can't agree with the "beat to death" though. The threat was removed. No reason to take a life. Gangbanger was not ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guy with gun confronts skateboarder

Quote Originally Posted by Faitmaker View Post
    Can't agree with the "beat to death" though. The threat was removed. No reason to take a life.
    Gangbanger was not letting go of skater, so he was still a threat IMHO.
    III

2. Remove Ads

At that point it is just a fist fight though. The threat was removed when the gun was.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

At that point it is just a fist fight though. The threat was removed when the gun was.
    Do you know for a fact that he didn't have another weapon, a knife perhaps? He could have been holding him so he could get him close to stab him. Turns out he didn't but during the situation, who could tell? He obviously wasn't holding on to the skater to give him a hug and apologize.
    III

I don't know anything but neither do you. I also don't think that once the gun was removed from the fight and the "boys" started beating on him, that it is just conjecture on what he might have had and killing him at that point.... would have been wrong despite what anyone might have felt at that moment. That guy wasn't going to do anything more... he was defending himself at that point... Wasn't even taking punches. Fight was basically over.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

CHL Holder

I don't know anything but neither do you. I also don't think that once the gun was removed from the fight and the "boys" started beating on him, that it is just conjecture on what he might have had and killing him at that point.... would have been wrong despite what anyone might have felt at that moment. That guy wasn't going to do anything more... he was defending himself at that point... Wasn't even taking punches. Fight was basically over.
    Ok. I didn't mean for it to come off like he should have killed him at that point, what I was referring to was that gangster boy wouldn't let go, so skater boy couldn't get clear from him. My point I was trying to make (but obviously failed) is that I would think he was justified in pounding him until he was able to get away as that is clearly what he was trying to do when gangster boy wouldn't let go, whether or not he was throwing punches. In this case, his friends helped separate the two. Fight over.
    III

No worries mate. I was referring to TN_Mike saying that he hopes "they beat him to death". Poor choice of words not meant to be taken literal or advocating murder?

Once the gun was out of his hand, in my mind, the threat justifying deadly force was removed and he deserved an ass pounding, which he got, and being detained until the police arrived.

Morally right and these are public forums. This is gun owner image being presented in these threads.

CHL Holder

LMAO!!! that brought back memories, of when i was 16, skating around NYC with my buddies, and throwing down with gangstas in the park. normally, they'd go down alot worse than that. it always started the same way: some thug decided to show off to his buddies, and go mess with some kids rolling around minding their business. in less than minute, he would catch fists, feet, and 7-ply maple planks from every conceivable direction, while his homies watched helplessly, or ran off. ah, to be a kid again...

I Just almost rolled out of the chair laughing...I too hate 'thugs' and 'homeboys' The 'gangsta' grip was priceless, the skater got rid of that gun quick, Im not a fan of skaters seeing as they make fun of my cowboy boots But Im proud of those kids giving 'thug' what he deserved... hell he deserved alot more
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I was rooting for the skater kids.
    Ditto.

I have never met a skater I didn't dislike (I've had the bad luck to only meet rude, disrespectful ones), so I tend to unfairly judge the rest.

But I was all for them this time...

Quote Originally Posted by 45XDCCW View Post
    The 'gangsta' grip was priceless
    Newest thug-life badge of honor: slide bite on your ear...

"Newest thug-life badge of honor: slide bite on your ear..."

Now that made me chuckle... I agree with most here, the skateboader did what he had to do, he was threatened with a weapon. Beatdown justified....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links