It's not just the cities.

It's not just the cities.

This is a discussion on It's not just the cities. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anybody, anytime, any place. Alleghany County Police say woman was abducted at gunpoint - Roanoke.com Alleghany County [Virginia] Police say woman was abducted at gunpoint ...

VIP Member

Thumbs down It's not just the cities.

Anybody, anytime, any place.

Alleghany County Police say woman was abducted at gunpoint - Roanoke.com

Alleghany County [Virginia] Police say woman was abducted at gunpoint

Authorities in Covington and Alleghany County are investigating an abduction and sexual assault they say occurred Thursday night.

Chief J.B. Broughman of the Covington Police Department said a woman was driving on North Alleghany Avenue around the 1100 to 1200 block, when a man forced her at gunpoint to drive into Alleghany County.

Lt. Col. Matt Bowser of the Alleghany County Sheriff's Office said the woman was taken to a remote area in the northern part of the county near Natural Well, where she was sexually assaulted. When the man ran off, she was able to drive to a place where she could get cellphone reception to call police.

Bowser said that after the incident, the sheriff's office increased patrol and searched with a tracking dog, in addition to a tracking dog and handler borrowed from the Botetourt County Sheriff's Office. State police and Covington detectives responded to the scene, and were assisted by a state police helicopter with an infrared camera.

The victim, a woman in her 20s, was treated for minor injuries at Alleghany Regional Hospital, Bowser said.

Investigators said the man was about 5 feet 8 inches tall, wearing a black ski mask, a long-sleeved shirt, gloves, sweat pants and white tennis shoes. His race is unknown.

Bowser said the sheriff's office doesn't have enough facts to say whether this incident may be related to a similar one that occurred earlier this month.

The sheriff's office and Covington police urge anyone with information to call either locality.

-- Lerone Graham
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Sad news...but it happens all the time...the 'shadows' are filled with this kind of garbage.

Now if that woman could just have had a little S&W, she could have ended the career of this rapist...hopefully someone else will in the near futute.
    I'll bet this woman becomes 'pro-gun' now...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I'll tell you what, this kind of thing makes my blood boil.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

It never was solely urban.
    My mother came out of a meeting to find someone had used a screwdriver to try and pry her Cadillac door open.
    She looked around and saw no one.
    She drove home ... followed by a dark windowless van.
    She turned into her driveway.
    The van pulled in front of her.
    She put her foot on the go pedal, burned turf and fish tailed around the van.
    When she came to the top of the hill she kept the go pedal hard to the floor, circle spun in the gravel drive, hit the horn three times -- a prearranged trouble signal -- and assumed a shooting position using the open car door and windshield for cover.
    She had a Browning 9mm looking at her back trail.
    Dear old Dad stepped out on the porch with a handful of squareback 12 gauge loaded with alternating buck and slug.
    Had the van been so foolish as to come up the hill, it would have been gifted with Poor Man's Air Conditioning.
    These things happen anywhere.
    Be ready.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

VIP Member
    Agreed, unfortunately this is not a soley urban event.

The moment humans have been on two legs, it has likely been a problem. Always will be, so long as the species has the moral compass of a puddle of tar.

It's pretty simple, really. If anything, concentrated groupings of many people together acts like a watering hole, of sorts, since that is where the targets are. But, the fields are out of screaming distance, sparsely populated and can afford a greater chance of success for the criminal who needs privacy. It is what it is.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member

Never mind!

Attack didn't happen, woman admits to police - Roanoke.com

Attack didn't happen, woman admits to police

A woman who said she was abducted and sexually assaulted last week has confessed to investigators that she fabricated the incident, the Alleghany County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.

Sabrina Crawford, 22, of Covington is charged with knowingly filing a false police report, according to the news release.

Crawford reported Thursday that she was driving on North Alleghany Avenue in Covington when a man forced her at gunpoint to drive to a remote area in Alleghany County where he sexually assaulted her.

The sheriff's office still is investigating two other abductions reported this year.

On July 8, a woman told investigators that she was abducted on Alleghany Avenue in Covington. The man forced her to drive to a remote part of McKinney Hollow Road, where she was sexually assaulted.

And on June 21, a woman reported that two men abducted her near Walton Church Lane just outside Clifton Forge and assaulted her.

-- Amanda Codispoti
    However, the June 21 & July 8 are still considered to br valid reports.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links