Bingingham, NY shooter CCL holder?

This is a discussion on Bingingham, NY shooter CCL holder? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just found this... is it real or fake? What do you think? This is the CCL permit for Jiverly Wong the shooter in Bingingham, ...

Thread: Bingingham, NY shooter CCL holder?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Bingingham, NY shooter CCL holder?

I just found this... is it real or fake? What do you think? This is the CCL permit for Jiverly Wong the shooter in Bingingham, NY a few months back.

2. Remove Ads

I thought it was a gun purchase/ownership permit, not a permit to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Nope it is not a purchase permit.

It is an actual permit, some counties look different but this looks exactly like mine. So unless the info on the permit has been doctored it is real as they get.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

IIRC....

...it was reported right after the incident that he could legally carry.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper2501 View Post
    ...it was reported right after the incident that he could legally carry.
    Yep.

I'm not surprised, nor do I worry about the fact he had a permit. Permit holders have gone off the deep end just like the rogue cop, or a wacko teacher, etc., but the % of permit holders as compared to the rest of society who have committed any type of crime is minimal.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Permit holders have gone off the deep end just like the rogue cop, or a wacko teacher, etc., but the % of permit holders as compared to the rest of society who have committed any type of crime is minimal.
    Exactly. And if we followed the warped "logic" of the anti's, because CCW-holders have such a low crime rate, if we *required* all adult citizens to get CCWs, the rate of violent crime would drop dramatically.

I'm not surprised, nor do I worry about the fact he had a permit. Permit holders have gone off the deep end just like the rogue cop, or a wacko teacher, etc., but the % of permit holders as compared to the rest of society who have committed any type of crime is minimal.
    Absolutely. Any group, even with screenings, checks and other filters, will inevitably end up with at least some bad apples.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    The card states; "LICENSE TO CARRY PISTOL IS HEREBY GRANTED"

Still though he having such a license means nothing on the balance of things.

The true number of assaults and arrests of _licensed_ pistol carriers as in relation to all gun crimes is so low that it's not even worth commenting toward. Not even a percent.
    In fact it makes as much sense for persons to comment about that as related to crime as it does to focus on criminals who happened to have possessed a bag of Twizzlers candy during commission of a crime.

Yeah it may feel good or even common sensical to relate and connect citizen carry toward crimes, but then feelings/emotion have no relation to fact and it's well established that common sense is at best a misnomer.

The uninformed general populace as well as much of the media and the antis too have fallen into this mode of thinking.
    We amongst ourselves should know better and not do same.

- Janq loves Twizzlers, and has a license to carry gggguuunnss!
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    The card states; "LICENSE TO CARRY PISTOL IS HEREBY GRANTED"

Still though he having such a license means nothing on the balance of things.

The true number of assaults and arrests of _licensed_ pistol carriers as in relation to all gun crimes is so low that it's not even worth commenting toward. Not even a percent.
    In fact it makes as much sense for persons to comment about that as related to crime as it does to focus on criminals who happened to have possessed a bag of Twizzlers candy during commission of a crime.

Yeah it may feel good or even common sensical to relate and connect citizen carry toward crimes, but then feelings/emotion have no relation to fact and it's well established that common sense is at best a misnomer.

The uninformed general populace as well as much of the media and the antis too have fallen into this mode of thinking.
    We amongst ourselves should know better and not do same.

- Janq loves Twizzlers, and has a license to carry gggguuunnss!
    You're right but to someone with an anti agenda blathering this to the masses it is sure to turn the heads of the truly ignorant. They are not looking to educate the masses only influence the fringe or week of society.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I'm not surprised, nor do I worry about the fact he had a permit. Permit holders have gone off the deep end just like the rogue cop, or a wacko teacher, etc., but the % of permit holders as compared to the rest of society who have committed any type of crime is so minuscule as to be statistically insignificant.
    FIFY.

Keep in mind that there are some 900k sworn LE officers in the US but there are some 5-6 million holders of weapons permits by various names. As a demographic, we commit less violations of the law by percentages than even the police.

I agree with the others. So what if he had a permit? He's the rare exception and not a reflection on our community as a whole. We know that. The gun grabbers know that too. The rest of the population, however, may be susceptible to eat the insinuation up hook, line, and sinker.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    FIFY.

Keep in mind that there are some 900k sworn LE officers in the US but there are some 5-6 million holders of weapons permits by various names. As a demographic, we commit less violations of the law by percentages than even the police.

I agree with the others. So what if he had a permit? He's the rare exception and not a reflection on our community as a whole. We know that. The gun grabbers know that too. The rest of the population, however, may be susceptible to eat the insinuation up hook, line, and sinker.
    I think the number is higher. I think there are 600k permit holders in PA alone... that number seems a little low.

I think so too but that's what I heard during the Thune-Vitter senate debate so I decided to err on the side of conservation.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Links