AK47 battle in the streets of Cincinnati

This is a discussion on AK47 battle in the streets of Cincinnati within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I guess I got to load a few more mags before work now. MILLVALE -- Police are investigating a late night gunfight in Millvale ...

Thread: AK47 battle in the streets of Cincinnati

Administrator

AK47 battle in the streets of Cincinnati

Well, I guess I got to load a few more mags before work now.

MILLVALE -- Police are investigating a late night gunfight in Millvale that ended with one man wounded, over four dozen shots fired, and two assault riffles left at the scene.

According to officials, the incident began as an argument between two groups of people in the 3320 block of Moosewood Avenue around 11:45 Monday night. At some point during the fight, one of the groups allegedly opened fire on the other with automatic weapons, firing up to 50 shots.

Police arrived on the scene to find a 22-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg. They also recovered two abandoned AK-47s.

Police say they are searching for three people in connection to the shooting.

The victim's name and condition have not been released.

If you have any information about this crime, please call Crime Stoppers at (513)352-3040 or text (513)352-3050. You don't have to give your name and you may be eligible for a reward if your tips lead to an arrest.
    1 Injured, 50 Shots Fired In Late Night Gunfight - Cincinnati breaking news, weather radar, traffic from 9News | Channel 9 WCPO.com

Good news is, they apparently cant shoot all that well, and don't know how to change mags.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

So what are the rules there on abandoned property? Can I pick those up cheap at the next auction or will they give them back to the person that "found" them?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So what are the rules there on abandoned property? Can I pick those up cheap at the next auction or will they give them back to the person that "found" them?
    I'm sure they will sit for years in a storage locker, then get destroyed. Sad, but true.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD
    Administrator
    llegedly opened fire on the other with automatic weapons, firing up to 50 shots.

Should be: semi-automatic weapons, firing up to 50 shots, as I seriously doubt they had FA, damn media and their fear mongering....

Wow, there braking out the big guns in Cinci.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post

Should be: semi-automatic weapons, firing up to 50 shots, as I seriously doubt they had FA, damn media and their fear mongering....
    Yep, sounds like media sensationalizing the use of the AK (yet again).
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post

Yeah, well they also had "riffles". Educated morons.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Alas, I don't think it is matter of intentionally sensationalizing the story. i think most reporters are just idiots (more charitably: uneducated) when it comes to guns. Maybe if they knew the difference they'd still choose to misrepresent the facts, but that's a different issue...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Alas, I don't think it is matter of intentionally sensationalizing the story. i think most reporters are just idiots (more charitably: uneducated) when it comes to guns. Maybe if they knew the difference they'd still choose to misrepresent the facts, but that's a different issue...
    Ah, but they do.

Administrator
    Somehow I'm thinking this would have been a better story if the fighting was done with tommy guns instead of AK's.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    yep, sad situation

as I was in the parking lot unloading after shift a couple days ago, call went out for people with guns at a club 5 blocks from the station, I throw the shotty back in the car and fly up the street to help

found out one thug had an sks, one a handgun, and one a machete!

we caught 'em 4 blocks away from the scene
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Somehow I'm thinking this would have been a better story if the fighting was done with tommy guns instead of AK's.
    For Sure. Of course the media would of said they were AK's anyways, because it just sounds so menacing and of course the pinheads don't know the difference either.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Tommy guns would of seemed a bit too classy for that part of town. Cincy does seem to be goin to heck this year from what I'm seein on the news though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    All recovered weapons in Cincinnati are destroyed .
    XD45C
    XD9SC
    NRA Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    www.migunowners.org

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    A lot of people who should know better call the semi auto Kalashnikov an AK or an AK-47. I used to, until I read more on the net and learned better.

From what I heard the drug runners used to bring them in with the drugs and drop them and the drugs so they'd be clean headed south. That was back right after the Sandinistas were kicking up down south and cheap guns were common in Southern Mexico.

Links