Bad: Murder too close to me

Bad: Murder too close to me

This is a discussion on Bad: Murder too close to me within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NEWS BRIEFS Girlfriend stabbed, body hidden Photo courtesy of Dianne Ferguson Elizabeth Grace Cotton, 23, was found dead at a house at 728 Jackson Ave. ...

Thread: Bad: Murder too close to me

Thumbs down Bad: Murder too close to me

NEWS BRIEFS
    Girlfriend stabbed, body hidden

Photo courtesy of Dianne Ferguson

Elizabeth Grace Cotton, 23, was found dead at a house at 728 Jackson Ave. Jessie Aaron Blevins, 23, of Huntington has been charged in the death.
    July 29, 2009 @ 08:48 AM

CURTIS JOHNSON

Herald-Dispatch.com

HUNTINGTON — Court documents state a 23-year-old man fatally stabbed his girlfriend in the throat and hid her body in a crawl space.

Jessie Aaron Blevins of Huntington was arrested and arraigned late Tuesday. He was incarcerated at 1:20 a.m. Wednesday in the Western Regional Jail.

The victim was identified as Elizabeth Grace Cotton, 23, of Huntington, according to a criminal complaint filed in Cabell County Magistrate Court and a press release issued by Huntington Police Capt. Rick Eplin.

The complaint charges that Blevins stabbed Cotton in the throat and then place her body into the crawl space. The crime scene was located at 728 Jackson Ave.

The complaint says investigators filed the first-degree murder charge based upon Blevins’ confession, a statement from a cooperating witness and corroborating evidence collected at the scene.

Police tape and strobing cruiser lights surrounded the home Tuesday night at 728 Jackson Ave. Investigators were called to the scene to check the welfare of a resident. They found a deceased woman and her suspicious death quickly became the city’s second homicide investigation for this year.

Eplin said investigators developed information a crime had taken place. Interviews will continue as police determine a possible motive.

An autopsy will be performed at the state Medical Examiner’s Office in Kanawha County.
    Girlfriend stabbed, body hidden - The Herald Dispatch

I can look out my front door and practically see this place. I have even been right past it while walking my dog, have seen the girl getting in her car too. I even saw the cop cars racing past my front window the night they arrested the guy. First time I have ever lived in a neighborhood where a murder has taken place. It's getting scary. I'm glad I have my CCW permit so I can be armed when walking the dog or heck, just living in the neighborhood.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Sad. It can happen anywhere.

Way too young to die.

She has a boyfriend who's a psycho, and she realizes it too late.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Girlfriend stabbed, body hidden - The Herald Dispatch

...First time I have ever lived in a neighborhood where a murder has taken place...
    That you know of...
    Dirtbags abound and multiply faster than rabbits (it won't take long, did it?)
    Any crime map (many on the i-Net) would shock you if you could see how many 'registered dirtbag' lived near you.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Never realized Huntington had such a crime problem, my sister-in-law lives there.

Anywhere, Anytime.

It can happen anywhere, anytime. (one of the nicest neighborhoods in the country)
    This girl lived 3 houses down from where I live right now.
    The pool where she was murdered at is a 5 minute walk up street.

Appleby To Stand Trial In Ali Kemp Slaying - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City

Given the right set of circumstances homicide can occurr anywhere .....even in your home
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links