Good: Would-be robber shot and killed by security guard (Video)

Good: Would-be robber shot and killed by security guard (Video)

This is a discussion on Good: Would-be robber shot and killed by security guard (Video) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I haven't seen this before so I'm posting here. LiveLeak.com - Would-be robber shot and killed by security guard You can see the guard pull ...

Thread: Good: Would-be robber shot and killed by security guard (Video)

Thumbs up Good: Would-be robber shot and killed by security guard (Video)

I haven't seen this before so I'm posting here.

LiveLeak.com - Would-be robber shot and killed by security guard

You can see the guard pull his gun out at 0:25.

A would-be robber was shot and killed Saturday morning in New Smyrna Beach as a store owner was opening up his shop.

The robber was shot twice in the chest by a security guard at the Medicine Shoppe pharmacy Saturday at 10:15 a.m.

Police said the masked robber entered the store at 653 N. Dixie Freeway, put a gun to the head of the pharmacist and demanded drugs.

That's when the man with the gun was shot and killed by the security guard.

Neighboring store owners said the Medicine Shoppe had heard rumors lately that they were going to be held up, and as a result had hired the security guard.

"It was kind of chaotic," said neighboring store owner Julie Mokas. "Everyone was peeking out their doors. No one knew what was going on."

According to neighboring shop owners, the security guard is a retired sheriff's deputy who is related to an employee of the Medicine Shoppe. However, police would not confirm that.

"They were tipped off that somebody was gonna rob them, and they had an undercover cop sitting in there," Mokas said.

The shooting is being investigated by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the state attorney's office but police appear to support the guard's actions.

"The security guard did what he had to do, and he protected the pharmacist," said New Smyrna Beach police Sgt. Michael Brouillette.

The pharmacist and one clerk, who were in the store at the time of the hold-up, were not harmed.

The store had been held up twice before. It was robbed in May 2006 and April 2007. Both were armed hold-ups with suspects looking for drugs.

The suspect have been identified as being Keith Allen Higginbotham.

VIP Member
    It is an old one but it's still a good one! I love a story with a happy ending!!!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I guess Mr. 'RottenBottom' (Higginbotham) earned his retirement package...

Hope the guard gets a bonus for good work.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Fascinating...

to watch as the 'guard' appears to my eye to be 'laying', apparently concealed from the perp, awaiting the right moment to step out and execute justice. The guy earned his salary and benefits all right there in the blink of an eye!:
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

The idiot even was using a gangsta style hold. Do these guys ever practice at all?

very good result, killer video.

Keith was not ready for that 2x tap

This is like 6 mos. old and that security guard was actually an off-duty LEO working security as a secondary.
    He was in plain clothes walking the store floor as though he were a citizen.

This item was discussed greatly when it was new news.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

i wish this would happen every day somewhere.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Excuse me...

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    This is like 6 mos. old and that security guard was actually an off-duty LEO working security as a secondary.
    He was in plain clothes walking the store floor as though he were a citizen.

This item was discussed greatly when it was new news.

- Janq
    but I read many of your posts and shake my head, make no reply even though I am puzzled by them sometimes. Is your point that for those who missed the previous post on this old news event should not be allowed to discuss it? It would seem to me that this is your position. If I miss your intent, please excuse me. But I for one, while not meaning to engage you in a quarrel here, percieve this and some other of your posts as quite arrogant, and dismissive of others. Best to you, Jang.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    to watch as the 'guard' appears to my eye to be 'laying', apparently concealed from the perp, awaiting the right moment to step out and execute justice. The guy earned his salary and benefits all right there in the blink of an eye!:
    The guard/LEO did NOT "execute" justice but confronted a criminal who represented a grave and immediate threat of death or grave bodily harm to the pharmacy employees.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

To Bad So Sad.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

My my...the shooter had plenty of time to watch for an opening and decide where to put the bullet!

MIggy, uh,

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    The guard/LEO did NOT "execute" justice but confronted a criminal who represented a grave and immediate threat of death or grave bodily harm to the pharmacy employees.
    figure of speech! Strange how some here seem to set themselves up as arbiters of other poster's speech patterns and habits. Good day to you, Miggy.

Links