Quintessential Liberal Idiot Gets Robbed

This is a discussion on Quintessential Liberal Idiot Gets Robbed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Like wow, I agree with carry ok. The robbers were the real victims that were forced to rob the store in order to provide for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quintessential Liberal Idiot Gets Robbed

Like wow, I agree with carry ok. The robbers were the real victims that were forced to rob the store in order to provide for their victimized families. Garrison Keiler was just used as a tool to help bring things back into balance in our universe. He should be very happy and proud (sarcasm, folks...)
    The first rule of self-defense is to avoid the situation. The second rule is Train and Prepare.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    Keillor is host of public radio's "A Prairie Home Companion," where he delivers a weekly monologue about doings in his imaginary hometown of Lake Wobegon
    Now he should change the name of his imaginary hometown to Lake Safebegon

Administrator
    Well, I don't think it's a good thing that anybody gets robbed because that means that some totally worthless scumbag out there got away with taking things that rightfully belonged to somebody else.

Always remember the following phrase "It is righteous to be a conservative and criminal to be a liberal." My friends, liberals live in a fictitious world of fantasy, hipocracy and utopia.

VIP Member
    I enjoy his radio show. I think he keeps his politics out of it. It's unfortunate his bookstore was robbed, and I hope his brush with income redistribution has been a teachable moment.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

My friends, liberals live in a fictitious world of fantasy, hipocracy and utopia.
    There is a term for this type of person: Polyannic blissninny.

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    actually i listen to NPR every day.it actually has the largest music library in TX. and has music you will never hear anywhere else.at least KUT in Austin is that way. as far as politics goes it does not have an effect on me whatever they say..
    they also don't have those horrible early morning loudmouths and no commercials.
    +1 to this. I listen to NPR on most days. Good music and entertaining programs. You just have to learn to wade though the muck. Much better than any other station.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    There is a term for this type of person: Polyannic blissninny.
    Yes, I think that it is part of the Democratic Dyslexic Disorder (DDD). Molotov Mitchell describes the ailment at this link:

YouTube - For The Record : Democratic Dyslexic Disorder

I've always enjoyed Garrison Keillor's radio programs since I first heard them back in the early '80s. They feature a truly wide range of entertainers and styles. As far as his politics, I agree with some of it, disagree with other parts of it. I can accept people who disagree with me.

It doesn't seem to me that support or lack of it for self-defense, 2nd Amendment, concealed carry, etc. would have played much of a role in this crime. This was a burglary, not an armed robbery. I suppose the lessons to learned are 1) don't trust your neighbors 2) invest in hardening your place of business, including extra surveillance, steel bars, unbreachable and immovable safes, 3) hire well-armed and trained 24-hour security guards w/dogs, and 4) razor wire on the perimety. Now that's a nice picture of small-town Americana.

I think it's pretty sleazy to gloat over someone's place of business being burglarized. I doubt if you'd appreciate it if you were a victim of a crime, and others gleefully used your misfortune for political fodder.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links