Quintessential Liberal Idiot Gets Robbed

This is a discussion on Quintessential Liberal Idiot Gets Robbed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here in MN, Garrison Keillor's bookstore "Common Good" got robbed. Keillor had made a big deal about how he trusts his "neighbors" and didn't need ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quintessential Liberal Idiot Gets Robbed

Quintessential Liberal Idiot Gets Robbed

Here in MN, Garrison Keillor's bookstore "Common Good" got robbed. Keillor had made a big deal about how he trusts his "neighbors" and didn't need elaborate security (though he doesn't trust them enough to leave cash laying on the counter or to leave the doors unlocked overnight).

I thought this story was poetic. He's the poster-child for NPR, a man with impeccable liberal credentials who you can always count on to say the most politically correct thing possible. But, if he believes in redistribution, why then does he object to the "have nots" taking from the "haves"? Seems to me that his private property is itself a tool of oppression that victimizes the proletariat masses; in fact the "have not" showed revolutionary spirit by relieving the bourgeois of the capital by which he exploits by profit. [a little sarcasm there].

Thieves Break Into Garrison Keillor Bookstore - wcco.com

Thieves Break Into Garrison Keillor Bookstore
    ST. PAUL (AP) ―

This week's news from Lake Wobegon contains a police report: thieves broke into humorist Garrison Keillor's St. Paul bookstore and stole a safe.

A man and a woman were caught on surveillance tape early Thursday breaking into Common Good Books. The couple broke into a coffee shop, then went into the basement and smashed the front-door window to get into the bookstore.

The burglars jimmied about $3,000 from the registers inside. Assistant manager Martin Schmutterer -- who's been blogging and posting Twitter tweets about the burglary -- says the thieves caused up to $800 in damage.

Schmutterer says Keillor came into the shop to watch the video but didn't say much.

Keillor is host of public radio's "A Prairie Home Companion," where he delivers a weekly monologue about doings in his imaginary hometown of Lake Wobegon. He opened the bookstore in 2006.

2. Remove Ads

Nobody deserves to be a victim. Perhaps a few more instances like these and Garrison will take a fresh look at the world around him.

Interesting, I've been in there, no idea that was his store. Now I know not to spend any money there.
    b
    NRA Life Member | NRA & MADFI Instructor | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    My views are my own - they may or may not reflect those of my employer.

Nothing like a little dose of reality to get your ideas about what the world and the people in it should be like, and what it;s actually like, to straitened you out
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Name change pending...

as there is now at least some 'woe' up at the lake. I feel for the hapless victims that were forced to rob the store in order to provide for their victimized family. At least I feel as though that must be the situation.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Surely he realizes that those that robbed him are just victims of society that had unhappy childhoods. If he were a true liberal, he would decline to press charges when they are caught, pay for their therapy and provide them with food and shelter out of his own pocket. It's only fair that he does what he expects the rest of us to do.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Lake Cash-be-gone. He trusted his neighbors enough to have securty cameras.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I doubt he learned anything from this. The guy is not from our planet.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

is Mr.Keillor really that bad? has he ever come out against concealed carry? i have always enjoyed his radio programs.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Lake Cash-be-gone. He trusted his neighbors enough to have securty cameras.
    +1

EW3
    There is woe in Lake Wobegon...
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

DA in this case does not refer to District Attorney, or double action.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

To answer a previous poster about Keillor, yes he is very condescending in person. My Brother-in-law is a lobbyist and attended a dinner where he was the keynote speaker and sat at his table for the food afterwards.

He said the guy flat out believes that most people are not smart enough to manage their own affairs, and that they need to sit down, shut up and let more intellectual types like Al Franken handle it for them.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

It's an "inconvenient truth" that I know from direct, personal experience. Anti-Second Ammendment, Buy-the-World-a-Coke, liberal social elitists have NO hesitation in jumping behind a Pro-Second Ammendment, self-reliant, CDWL holder when face-to-face with a social...predator. If Mr. Keillor has such faith in universal utopia, why did bother having a safe?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    is Mr.Keillor really that bad? has he ever come out against concealed carry? i have always enjoyed his radio programs.
    +1 I have too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links