‘Castle doctrine’ law forces shooter’s release, prosecutor says - Page 3

‘Castle doctrine’ law forces shooter’s release, prosecutor says

This is a discussion on ‘Castle doctrine’ law forces shooter’s release, prosecutor says within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pcon I'm not saying call a truce. I'm saying there are other NON-LETHAL options to stop a threat. It seems like most ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ‘Castle doctrine’ law forces shooter’s release, prosecutor says

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    I'm not saying call a truce. I'm saying there are other NON-LETHAL options to stop a threat. It seems like most people think that because they have a gun, that's what they should use. I don't know what the guy had on him, but I would bet he had other things around him to use as weaponry. Why should the first instinct be to kill when there were tools all around that could simply be used to end a confrontation?
    tools all around?
    are they within arms reach? would he have to run around to find these (things) and get run down and attacked again in doing so.the other guy was twice his size and younger.disparity of force.if some guy bigger and younger than me attacks me and the adrenaline is pumping i wont be looking for other (tools) that may or may not be around to use to stop the attack when i have a tool on me.
    i will be very interested to see how this case turns out.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

to be honest this whole thing should never have happened. he should have just written him up if he thought he was taking to long on break.all Schmidt had to say is break time is over,nothing else.he said or did something that made the other mad enough to hit him.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    The local news here in Billings is playing/slanting this and talking about how "bad" this new law is. Apparetnly these two guys have some sort of history. The official story/investigation is still on-going.

"Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Paxinos is just another politician with an agenda and a reelection bid. Castle Doctrine takes the self defense issue out of the politicians hands as they have proven that they're not capable of logical decision making. There are too many instances of DA's going after homeowners or shopkeepers who justfiably defend themselves. Paxinos and his ilk need to be kicked into the unemployment line.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Agreed. Being punched doesn't automatically equate to being in jeopardy of loss of life or limb.

Given the disparity of force claim and Castle law, it will be interesting to see the ultimate details of this one.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If things went further after the punch I could see it as self defense. A 300 pound man can do a lot of damage to one who only weighs 150. I think there may be more to this story. when will people learn to settle things in a peaceful way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links