Right Wing Extrimists Terrorist?

This is a discussion on Right Wing Extrimists Terrorist? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; An African-American man has pleaded guilty after being accused of impersonating a white supremacist in a fictitious Facebook account to make death threats against an ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right Wing Extrimists Terrorist?

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

An African-American man has pleaded guilty after being accused of impersonating a white supremacist in a fictitious Facebook account to make death threats against an African-American university student.

A Mississippi man admitted creating a false Facebook profile in November.

Dyron L. Hart, 20, of Poplarville, Mississippi, pleaded guilty Wednesday before U.S. District Judge Kurt D. Engelhardt to one count of communicating threats in interstate commerce, according to a Department of Justice statement.

Hart admitted creating the fictitious account in November, pretending to be a white supremacist outraged by the election of Barack Obama as the nation's first African-American president, the statement said.

He then transmitted a death threat via Facebook to an African-American student at Nicholls State University in Louisiana, saying he wanted to kill African-Americans because of Obama's election, according to the statement.

A court document provided by the U.S. attorney's office said Hart told an FBI interviewer that he intended the threat to be a prank "to get a reaction."

Don't Miss
    Pentagon reviewing policy on social networking sites
    The document said Hart admitted creating the Facebook profile under the name "Colten Brodoux" and used a photo of a Caucasian man that he found on a white supremacist Web site.

"This is an extremely odd case, a very unusual case," said U.S. Attorney Jim Letten of the Eastern District of Louisiana. "The contents of the messages were extremely troubling and provocative and very threatening."

Hart will face a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine when sentenced November 18, the statement said

There are idiots and mentally unstable people everywhere and in every walk of life. I once read a quote from somewhere I can't recall that went about so. The problem with the police is that they have nowhere to recruit but the Human Race. We're not perfect. We make mistakes. The thing I'd like everyone to consider is the percentage of society this guy and his ilk make up. It's my opinion that 99 and 44 one hundredths of us are rational and only concerned with protecting home and hearth. I'd bet that percentage even applies to Congress. If it weren't so we would be doing what they're doing in the mideast. These folks got guns. We got guns. Many of them kill each other and us as a regular everyday chore the same way we water our pets. We, for the most part, kill as a last resort and those who don't adhere to that standard get to spend time in an institution. What's the issue?

VIP Member

People are like straw in a box

Quote Originally Posted by llongshot View Post
    There are idiots and mentally unstable people everywhere and in every walk of life. I once read a quote from somewhere I can't recall that went about so. The problem with the police is that they have nowhere to recruit but the Human Race. We're not perfect. We make mistakes. The thing I'd like everyone to consider is the percentage of society this guy and his ilk make up.
    Good post and thanks. One of my favorite sayings is, "People are like straw in a box. Most are bent, a few are broken."

In a country with 300 million plus people it is inevitable that at any moment a few thousand are raving, or fools with very poor judgment. Isn't that why we carry? In case we run into one with dysfunctional brains and very poor judgment?

I wonder if this will be classified as a hate crime...
    If it was a white guy posing as a black guy it sure would be.

Hopyard - That sounds like an old saying my grandpa used to say:

"Son, its easy to do wrong; thats why the straight and narrow is the hardest way to go. Doin' wrong is following the path of least resistance, like water. Thats why we have crooked rivers, and crooked men......."
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    Thought that myself...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    WTH is WRONG with people? Sheesh!!!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Kinda like a black charles manson helter skelter thingy
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by llongshot View Post
    The thing I'd like everyone to consider is the percentage of society this guy and his ilk make up. It's my opinion that 99 and 44 one hundredths of us are rational and only concerned with protecting home and hearth. I'd bet that percentage even applies to Congress.
    I have to disagree, llongshot, on the %age.

If it was 99.44%, the newspapers and tv news and online news would be devoid of news.

If it was 99.44%, Hollywood would be a ghost town.

If it was 99.44%, Congress would always be in recess and the nation better off for it.

If it was 99.44%, there would be few prisons, and those would be mostly empty.

If it was 99.44%, psychologists and psychiatrists would have to take up other employment. (In fact, many of them would have gone into other work in the first place, considering how many of them are severely 'bent,' if not broken.)

If it was 99.44%, LEOs would be armed like bobbies, and their biggest worries would be fix-it tickets for broken taillights.

Are most people good, decent, hard-working, common sense kind of folks? Yeah, probably (well, maybe not common sense-strike that). But, there are a lot of loons in my experience.

JMO.
    Last edited by miklcolt45; August 14th, 2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: change a word
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    This has the feel of the guy who shoots his own house in an effort to get rid of the local range.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    It would not have been investigated, to start with.

I have to wonder how many of the death threats Obama gets are really from others like this character because emotions are really running high among his supporters and some of them are not very well balanced to start with.

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Again.......You just can't fix stupid!
    [One Nation Under God]

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I have to disagree, llongshot, on the %age.

If it was 99.44%, the newspapers and tv news and online news would be devoid of news.

If it was 99.44%, Hollywood would be a ghost town.

If it was 99.44%, Congress would always be in recess and the nation better off for it.

If it was 99.44%, there would be few prisons, and those would be mostly empty.

If it was 99.44%, psychologists and psychiatrists would have to take up other employment. (In fact, many of them would have gone into other work in the first place, considering how many of them are severely 'bent,' if not broken.)

If it was 99.44%, LEOs would be armed like bobbies, and their biggest worries would be fix-it tickets for broken taillights.

Are most people good, decent, hard-working, common sense kind of folks? Yeah, probably (well, maybe not common sense-strike that). But, there are a lot of loons in my experience.

JMO.
    I'm in full agreement.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsupporter View Post
    Again.......You just can't fix stupid!
    Florida Rahabilitaion chair is a wonderful machine, it can cure pedophiles, permanently stop serial killers, and cure the urge to rape, and can boast a 100% rehabilitation rate. No one has ever committed a crime after we Rehabilitate them. My guess is it can Fix Stupid too.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    +3. Take note of no hate crime charges.

Is it a reasonable defense to a hate crime if you are actually the same race as your victim...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links