Open Carry Citizen Smeared by ABC News

This is a discussion on Open Carry Citizen Smeared by ABC News within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Check out this article: Obama's Safety: Hate Groups Thrive Amidst Town Hall Health Care Debates - ABC News Read it (if you can make it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Citizen Smeared by ABC News

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar

Check out this article:

Obama's Safety: Hate Groups Thrive Amidst Town Hall Health Care Debates - ABC News

Read it (if you can make it through) and click on page two. You see a photo of, as far as I can tell, a law-abiding citizen from New Hampshire who is exercising his 2A rights. Yet, according to the story's opening two paragraphs, he is mentioned in the context of racist "hate" groups and other people who have made signs calling for the death of President Obama () and his family .

Check out this line:

And in New Hampshire, another man stood across the street from a Presidential town hall with his gun on full display.

Come on! ABC News is obviously not doing their journalistic homework on this story.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    why am I not surprised?
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    Good call. Guess this has already been covered!

New Hampshire has a concealed carry permit program. I still wonder why the gentleman elected to carry open rather than concealed. The prevailing opinion is that carrying concealed provides an advantage. On the other hand, carrying concealed deprives the man the opportunity to enjoy the the "cool factor" image.

I think it was more of saying "Hey i want my 2A rights and I'm perfectly safe with my weapon" rather than for tactical use.

What it all boils down to is People are afraid of their own rights.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    New Hampshire has a concealed carry permit program. I still wonder why the gentleman elected to carry open rather than concealed...:
    I watched the interview and I have to agree that under the circumstances, this guy was grandstanding.
    Remember what we learned? "Just because we can, doesn't mean we should."
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

More of the Democratic Party's propaganda machine.

By the way, it's very likely that the OC guy in NH was a government or media plant. People keep missing the tell-tale earpiece he wore in the footage from NH and the interview.

Besides, if you read the controversial DHS "terrorist" doc, you'd already know that the Democrat propaganda machine not only stages crap like that, but eats it up when they can use footage from elsewhere (not always filmed on actual sites at the time of the actual event) to help fuel their agenda.

That issue presents 2 issues/questions. One of which Saber touched on.

1. Intelligent firearm owners, even those who exercise their rights to OC or CCW, know that there are events and places that are simply inappropriate for carry of any kind. A political rally would be just that venue. Because you can doesn't constitute that you should.

2. Intelligent firearm owners have enough of a battle to fight by keeping out of the spotlight. Why would a self-respecting intelligent gun owner grandstand like that without involving the NRA? Bottom line....they wouldn't....it would be irresponsible, foolish, and borderline suicidal to do so. Not saying that this guy could be one of the dumb ones, but it's plausible since we've all heard of dumb firearm owners.

Watch the footage from NH again. Look for the earpiece, then pay attention to the camera work in conjunction with the individual's movements. You'll notice that the sign is moved to keep the firearm exposed, then moved again to expose his face...oops, he'll turn his head to try to hide the earpiece, but you can clearly see the coil from it. Once you've watched it and note those issues, watch the news interview again. You'll immediately notice the same earpiece. Then take note as to how the questions are asked and answered. Firearm owners, especially those who are making a statement on 2A would become irate over questions going to the firearm and not the "why" of the exercising of rights....not specifically the sign. By the way, what firearm owner do you know that would foolishly quote TJ in such a skewed manner to indicate potential threat to the administration? NONE.

This is why I conclude that the guy is a plant.

Every time Chris Mathews asks his "Why did YOU carry carry a gun?", my answer would have been because I can.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

How do you think we make progress with gun rights? By hiding them like cowards? Get real.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

What else were you expected from ABC news? I don't expect them or any of the other big networks to do a "balanced" story on this individual at the Town Hall meeting in New Hampshire.

Why do you think I have stopped watching the vast majority of news outlets on television? Now I get all my news from the "net."
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Question is, can we make progress against the constant erosin of gun rights by always being on the defensive? I believe it's hard to win anything by continually playing defense.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    "Plant"? I'd say not. If you check the other thread, he is known in the community.

I am curious about the wire, though.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I have a NH "Pistol/Revolver License", not a concealed carry permit. AFAIC he was well within his rights.

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    New Hampshire has a concealed carry permit program. I still wonder why the gentleman elected to carry open rather than concealed. The prevailing opinion is that carrying concealed provides an advantage. On the other hand, carrying concealed deprives the man the opportunity to enjoy the the "cool factor" image.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links