ABC news, CCW in Bars - Page 2

ABC news, CCW in Bars

This is a discussion on ABC news, CCW in Bars within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ArmyMajRet You know, I am really sorry that the national reciprocation law did not pass! All these disparate laws make it soooooooooo ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMajRet View Post
    You know, I am really sorry that the national reciprocation law did not pass! All these disparate laws make it soooooooooo easy for a CWP holder to be a criminal in one place and 50 feet away, in another county or another state you are a criminal. The mish mash of state laws is like all the rules and regulations of the IRS where you need your own professional accountant to keep you out of trouble. Only thing about that is you give 20 CPA's 20 different tax filings to figure out and you get 20 different answers. Just incredible!
    Actually the Reciprocation Law did not standardize CCW's laws. It just did away with the process of reciprocating between states. You were still supposed to respect each state's law
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    In MN you can CC in any restaurant or bar. I recommend no alcohol on board. The statute is confusing. In one place it says no carry while under the influence of alcohol. In another it says .04 to .10 is good for 6mos suspension and no forfeiture of gun, but .10 or more and goodby gun. How do you want to answer in court when asked "Did you have ANYTHING to drink?"
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    You can't, however, concealed carry and NOT drink.
    "Umm, barkeep, YES I'm carrying my hypertech death ray blaster in my nifty Halfbreed Megabuck - NOW can I have that drink?"

Carrying concealed I'm sure does drive some people to drink, but somehow I don't think that's what you meant!

In KY CCW in a bar is illegal but if the restaurant derives most of its income from food as a bar and grill its OK (Appleby's, Friday's and other bar and grill type places). Alcohol and guns don't mix just as drinking and driving don't mix. Judegement is impaired and I am not sure I want someone carrying who has been impaired.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

Well in Tn you can enter a restaurant that serves alcohol, OC or CC it doesnt matter, but its illegal to drink and carry.

I personally would not drink anything at all while packing, thats just me!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimH58 View Post
    In KY CCW in a bar is illegal but if the restaurant derives most of its income from food as a bar and grill its OK (Appleby's, Friday's and other bar and grill type places). Alcohol and guns don't mix just as drinking and driving don't mix. Judegement is impaired and I am not sure I want someone carrying who has been impaired.
    you have never been out partying with cops, have you
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

VIP Member
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    It's just like drinking and driving If you get caught drunk while carrying you should have your permit pulled for ever and be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If you are drunk and misuse a gun it should be a minimum of ten years plus the loss of your permit.
    You do realize that it's not illegal to carry while drinking, or even while drunk in FL, right?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    In quaint, liberal Connecticut, there is nothing preventing a permit holder from carrying in places that sell or serve alcohol, and likewise there is nothing illegal about drinking while carrying. You are simply held responsible for your actions - the way it should be.
    You won't fix anything by outlawing irresponsible behavior.
    Exactly! Same as PA. Amazing thing is we don't have drunk CCWers gunning down folks daily. Hard to imagine that most people tend to actually be responsible citizens. Strange concept, eh?
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

In my state, no carry is allowed where alchohol is consumerd. This stinks.

We already have the designated driver when folkd go out to party, why can't we have a designated defender, who carries while not drinking alchoholic beverages?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links