What not to do in Texas.....

This is a discussion on What not to do in Texas..... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What not to do in Texas 1. rob a bank 2. display a firearm when a police officer stops your vehicle after you rob the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What not to do in Texas.....

VIP Member

What not to do in Texas.....

What not to do in Texas
    1. rob a bank

2. display a firearm when a police officer stops your vehicle after you rob the bank

Guy robs Wachovia bank in Sugarland, TX; vehicle spotted and stopped on highway, officer approaches car, suspect displays a gun, officer shoots and kills suspect

Fatal Bank Robbery Shuts Down Hwy 59 | Houston news, weather, and traffic | MyFoxHouston.com | FOX 26
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Says the suspect "showed a pistol". For real? Sounds like suicide by cop. Otherwise just stupid. What did he think, the cops were just going to hunker down in fright, and let him go?
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

I don't think this guy has very good decision making ability to start withl
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I don't think this guy has very good decision making ability to start withl
    yeah, and thankfully he's not going to be a threat to society anymore
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Yea fir TX!!! Glad the BG wont be passing on anymore of his decesion making genes.
    "Welcome to Tennessee, the great state of shootin' stuff." Mark Wahlberg The Shooter
    "It's like killin' roaches, You hafta kill 'em all, otherwise whats the point." Charlie Bronson Death Wish 3

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    What not to do in Texas
    1. rob a bank

2. display a firearm when a police officer stops your vehicle after you rob the bank

Guy robs Wachovia bank in Sugarland, TX; vehicle spotted and stopped on highway, officer approaches car, suspect displays a gun, officer shoots and kills suspect

Fatal Bank Robbery Shuts Down Hwy 59 | Houston news, weather, and traffic | MyFoxHouston.com | FOX 26
    Sounds like the problem was taken care of quickly at a minimal cost to taxpayers.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Another Happy ending..
    “Always love your country — but never trust your government!

As they say dont mess with texas

89 bank robberies in Houston since January? Fifteen more since last year? What's going on in Houston? We have one occasionally in Dayton or the surrounding areas but nowhere near that rate.

economy, unemployment rate

they have to get their money somewhere.. JK

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCbuckeye12 View Post
    89 bank robberies in Houston since January? Fifteen more since last year? What's going on in Houston? We have one occasionally in Dayton or the surrounding areas but nowhere near that rate.
    and 5 in Sugarland proper, 4 of 5 have been caught
    note to prospective bank robbers......don't do it in Sugarland
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Houston is about 580 square miles, and 1.95 million population.
    Dayton Ohio........56.6 square miles and 166,000 population.

If you have one a month you are keeping pace with us.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

JT
    Houston's crime rate has gone up significantly since taking in all those Katrina refuges. Many of which decided not to return home.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Houston has always been a wide-open, hard-runnin' city. Luckily, it is also (at least partially) populated with level-headed, clear-thinking, self-reliant Texans! The Lilly-Livered Society has a very small following in the Lone Star State. God Bless Texas.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

The FBI is looking into the case, trying to figure out if this suspect is responsible for any other area bank robberies. Houston and Harris County have had 89 bank robberies since January. That's 16 more than last year this time.
    What surprised me isnt just that there were 89 this year, but that there were 73 last year when the economy wasnt nearly as bad.

Offtopic, but I saw this link on the page about the robbery. Attempted murder suicide.

Son Shoots Dad, Kills Self in River Oaks

HOUSTON - An upscale Houston neighborhood is rocked by gunfire and screams for help. Police are investigating an attempted murder-suicide on Ella Lee Lane in prestigious River Oaks.

"I don't know of anything happening like this in a long time out here," said Pat Rutherford.

Around 1 p.m. Sunday afternoon, Ben and Nancy Wells saw their neighbor, who they identify as Blake Hawk, running down the sidewalk before collapsing on the concrete.

"He was bleeding profusely from the head and saying that his son had shot him," said Ben Wells.

Hawk, 59, is the executive vice president of Crown Castle International Corporation, a communication technology company in Houston. Police say he was shot twice in the head but was still alive when he was transported to Ben Taub hospital.

"He was still lucid and able to give police a lot of information," said Wells.

Police discovered the body of Hawk's 21-year-old son, who neighbors say is also named Blake Hawk, inside the living room of their home. He died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

"The young man who is deceased was very handsome, very intelligent, loved his dog that we will now take care of until the family reunites with the dog," said Nancy Wells.

Police are still investigating what may have caused the violence to erupt. Hawk was in stable condition after undergoing surgery Sunday night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links