Ugly: Ga. animal lovers killed by pack of wild dogs

This is a discussion on Ugly: Ga. animal lovers killed by pack of wild dogs within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It always seems that people compare one type of incident to another, i.e. dog attack/lightning. I've heard multiple times that more people die in car ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ugly: Ga. animal lovers killed by pack of wild dogs

It always seems that people compare one type of incident to another, i.e. dog attack/lightning. I've heard multiple times that more people die in car accidents than in violent crimes so I must be paranoid and having guns is similar to not driving because an accident may happen. I may not be able to avoid all accidents but I still wear a seatbelt, don't go outside in a lightning storm, and have a gun accessible whenever I can. Low probablity doesn't mean we shouldn't take precaution to avoid it. Similarly, I won't be walking over subway grates in Manhattan either.

2. Remove Ads

That is just awful... Just awful..

I wouldn't want to be the person on the other end of my two if someone broke in.. There is a reason they're called man's best friend...

As a young man I worked for a time on a federal refuge as a guard at a facility there. I worked alone filling in for the other guards on their days off. There were a couple of packs of feral dogs on the site that used to regularly run deer to ground and tear them apart for food. Two things were well known by those of us making rounds alone after hours. NEVER get sympathetic and attempt to help prey when the pack is running it unless you want to become lunch instead. Feral dogs are incredibly dangerous simply because they don't have the inherent fear of man that other wild animals do. Make that three things. You want to turn the pack you better be packing a riot shotgun. Sometimes the noise and wounding of a couple of pack members doesn't impress the others the way you might think.

Experts say the attack is extremely rare so rare "you are more likely to killed by a bolt of lightening than by a dog," said Adam Goldfarb, a spokesman for the Humane Society of the United States.
    What "experts" are they talking about!!?? I can't believe those fools bothered to spend the effort to "trap & tranquilize" the animals. Ridiculous. The only tranquilizing I am going to be doing is with a 12 gauge, or the AR-15...

And as far as the "humane society" folks are concerned, the next time there are vicious dogs around, I think we should kidnap THEM and let those dogs tear them limb from limb; that might change their attitude a little.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links