Lockerbie PanAM bomber released? - Page 3

Lockerbie PanAM bomber released?

This is a discussion on Lockerbie PanAM bomber released? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by CEW58 Letter from FBI Director Robert S. Mueller, III, to Scottish Minister Kenny MacAskill Good for FBI Director Robert S. Mueller....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lockerbie PanAM bomber released?

VIP Member

Good for FBI Director Robert S. Mueller.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    But not all victims' families shared the outrage. Caroline Stevenson, whose son, Syracuse student Sandy Phillips, was aboard Pan Am 103, told CNN affiliate KARK in Little Rock, Arkansas, that she is "not disturbed" by al-Megrahi's release.

"Whether he's in jail or whether he's with his family, it doesn't impact me," she said. "He should be able to be with his family and die in peace. And I hope he has found some peace." "I am not disturbed by it. I feel like if he is dying of prostate cancer, I don't have any problems at all with him being able to be with his family as he dies."
    Caroline Stevenson apparently has a total inability to hold a man accountable for his actions. So much so that she cares not one whit whether the convicted murderer of her son goes free. Perhaps she is in denial and can't face the fact that her son was murdered by this man. Thus, no need for a punishment. Perhaps she has been brainwashed into believing that accepting this illusion of 'compassion' brings her to a higher moral ground -- she chooses her beliefs to fit in to her social group and has no real thoughts of her own.

This is all symptomatic of the 'Criminal Rights Movement' that has been going on for quite some time. No more death penalty. Reduced sentences all around. Now we let criminals out when it 'just feels right.' In the future, we may reach a moral ground so high that we do not punish criminals at all. After all, punishing a criminal is a bit like crying over spilt milk -- "Whether he's in jail or whether he's with his family, it doesn't impact me."

ETA: I say "Enough with the tepid letters! Is it not time for action?"

The "reason" has come out...... Libya... said they are opening their country to UK & USA businesses.... "but" ... only if he were released.

There ya go, all about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    The "reason" has come out...... Libya... said they are opening their country to UK & USA businesses.... "but" ... only if he were released.

There ya go, all about money.
    I wonder if the U.S. and U.K. have thrown Scotland under the bus in order to satisfy the "larger" goals of securing access to oil. It would fit with past flawed decisions that smelled the same way. Who's to say, for sure, other than those inside.

Here is what a few cartoonists think:

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links