Talk about overly protective

This is a discussion on Talk about overly protective within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mom, 80, shoots at deputies as son hides in closet Buzz up!1 vote Send Email IM Share Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati ...

Thread: Talk about overly protective

Mom, 80, shoots at deputies as son hides in closet
    Buzz up!1 vote Send
    Email IM Share
    Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Twitter Yahoo! Bookmarks Print 2 hrs 22 mins ago
    JACKSON, Tenn. An 80-year-old West Tennessee woman and her son are being held in jail after deputies said she shot at them when they came to arrest the man. Sheriff Melvin Bond said the elderly woman fired several shots at officers Friday night in a standoff that began when deputies tried to capture her 60-year-old son.

The Jackson Sun quoted Bond who said four deputies went to the woman's mobile home on a tip that her son was there. Bond said officers heard the man talking inside the trailer and when they knocked on the door the woman opened it, slammed it shut and fired a shot through it.

The deputies took cover and, during the hour-long standoff, two more shots were fired through the door.

There were no injuries. The man was found hiding in a closet.

___
    I hope she gets enough time she never sees daylight,I'm sure her son could never do any wrong in her eyes,probably why at 60 years old he's hiding while shes shooting at LEO
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Beware of old ladies. They won't fight you. They'll just shoot at you.

Sounds like "Ma" Barker's daughter...
    I wonder if she's playing with a 'full deck'?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sounds like "Ma" Barker's daughter...
    I wonder if she's playing with a 'full deck'?
    Yep, 52 jokers.

He must be a very brave young man to hide in a closet while mommy shoots at the police. Seeing as he was comfortable enough to spend time in a closet to hide maybe that's where he should be locked up when he is incarcerated.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

So he was hiding in the closet? At 60, I surely hope he still isn't living at home. I guess elderly people kinda don't care? I remember a case here in TX somewhere; LEO pulls over 70+ year old man, while running info in cruiser, old man fires rifle (.270, 30-30, couldnt tell ya) one round, hits officer in head. Dead on scene. Sorry to say it, but some old people are CRAZY!
    Kimber Pro-Carry II .45 w/ 230gr Remington Golden Sabers
    Ruger SP101 DAO .357 w/ 125gr Speer Gold Dots

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

Quote Originally Posted by MBtech87 View Post
    So he was hiding in the closet? At 60, I surely hope he still isn't living at home. I guess elderly people kinda don't care? I remember a case here in TX somewhere; LEO pulls over 70+ year old man, while running info in cruiser, old man fires rifle (.270, 30-30, couldnt tell ya) one round, hits officer in head. Dead on scene. Sorry to say it, but some old people are CRAZY!
    It's the prune juice,you'd be angry if you had to wear depends
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yeah. Beware the prunes. Absolutely.

Willing to erase the lives of upstanding officers in defense of a felon.

Attempted murder simply means she's now one of the gang.

Well, belly up to the bar, grandma, and enjoy your trial. You're gonna just love D Block.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

In Missouri about a decade or so ago there was an elderly couple in their upper 70's who had a farm in rural Missouri. Faye and Ray Copeland. They had a huge cattle scam going on and they would hire transients and illegals to work for them. They ended up killing several of them and burying them on their farm. IIRC 5 - 7 farm hands they killed over a several year period. They used transients and illegals so they wouldn't be missed and friends and neighbors wouldn't be suspicious when one would disappear because of the their transient back ground.

Ray got the death penalty but died in prison before his date with the executioner and Faye got life without parole. She's dead now too!

This was a bombshell for the folks of the community because these were two elderly people who lived and farmed there for 50 plus years without any criminal records, history of any scams or anything out of the ordinary. People were stunned because they were just a run of the mill old couple who ran a farm.

Just goes to show you... it can happen Anywhere, Anytime!

USMC rules of gunfighting #21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet! (Even the old geezer who may cave your head in with a shovel when you have your back turned!) (Ray Copeland's M.O.)

Edit: I just googled them to verify what I remembered about the case and it was noted that Ray Copeland did have a history of petty crimes and bad check writing in his past. Still, it wasn't until one of the transient farm hands found human remains on the property and reported it that they drew any suspicion to themselves. Faye was also sentenced to Death Row, but later had her sentence commuted to Life in Prison. She was the oldest person on Death Row in Missouri for the time she was there.
    Last edited by Bark'n; August 21st, 2009 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Update & Correction on Story
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by MBtech87 View Post
    Yes I know of the video, it was a a horrible thing that happened. It took many many minutes for officers to get to the shot officer, and if im not mistaken the elderly man drove off, they never did neutralize the man!! Just terrible. Random acts of violence is not age or gender bias. You never know

I've heard of moms protecting their young, but this is way off the chart.

Sounds like she and sonny boy going to be rather familiar with the inside of the jail for awhile.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Sponsored Links