Bad: Grocery Cart Trap - Page 2

Bad: Grocery Cart Trap

This is a discussion on Bad: Grocery Cart Trap within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hmm, just across town from me But only 4 carts, baaaah, that's like 4 toothpicks in the road to my Bronco, I sure wouldn't be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad: Grocery Cart Trap

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Hmm, just across town from me
    But only 4 carts, baaaah, that's like 4 toothpicks in the road to my Bronco, I sure wouldn't be getting out(armed of course) to move them the hard way, and deprive myself of the fun of doing it the easy way

It is sad and scary to think anyone would not have the sense to do anything but make sure the doors are locked and get out of there, fast.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    I drive an F250 and have used it push carts out of my way in parking lots, I wouldn't hesistate to do it if there were carts in the road.
    +1 or a car or another truck or a boat or etc........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    Now that the gov'mint's crushing all the clunkers, the shopping cart trap is a serious problem for all the latte liberals in their Lexus's.
    Don't worry, in a few months those Lexus will be on the market cheap, when the idiots who could not afford a new car in the first place default on their loans and the cars are repossessed. Same thing will happen as it happened with the housing market.

Well, this sixteen year old will not like it in prison. He'll run into the old "shower trap."

Administrator
    Starting to drift off topic to the original post.
    Stick to the posted scenario folks which is not liberals and Lexus.

Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    Don't worry, in a few months those Lexus will be on the market cheap, when the idiots who could not afford a new car in the first place default on their loans and the cars are repossessed. Same thing will happen as it happened with the housing market.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I push carts all the time with my car. The lowlifes leave them in the parking lot at the store. I would have gone right through and not worried.

[QUOTE=gunthorp;1269057]. . . . They'll have to wrest the wheel of my clunker from my cold dead hands. . . . QUOTE]
    Good one, gunthorp. I had to laugh at that one.

I think either backing out of there, or *slowly* pushing the carts with your vehicle would be the best option. Pushing the carts to quickly could cause one of them to get hung up under your vehicle, which would be bad.

This assumes all the carts were "wheels down". If they were flipped over it would be best just to back up and exit stage left.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    ...and I'll bet she was talking on her cell phone while this all started.
    Now THAT would be a piece of information I'd love to know about.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    This just goes to show how criminials are perfecting their craft. They are getting more and more devious as time goes on. I agree with the posters here, seeing something like that would make my "spidey" sense tingle. Too bad the victim didn't feel it.
    I don't consider four shopping carts blocking the road to be particularly "devious".

I wouldn't need my "spidey sense" either.

It was painfully obvious to anybody with common sense that those four carts blocking the road were SCREAMING "ambush!"

Especially considering it happened in the Detroit area, long known as one of the most violent cities on the planet.

At the very least, the woman needs to attend an NRA "Refuse to be a Victim" seminar.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by Defensive Arms View Post
    I don't consider four shopping carts blocking the road to be particularly "devious".
    I tend to agree. In fact, it is probably one of the least devious methods to create a choke point for an ambush.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I agree with all the posts. When I saw this on the news website, I thought I have got to get everyone's opinion on this. I probably would have backed up down the street and turned around. Worse case, I would have pushed them out of the way with the my Trailblazer.

She does not know how lucky she was to have the police driving by at that precise time. It didn't take rock science to figure out this was an ambush. She was really lucky...this time. I'm glad they caught the knucklehead that did this.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links