Had my Truck broken into today!!

This is a discussion on Had my Truck broken into today!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It started with me and my wife deciding to get breakfast this morning( 8 am) at a Cracker Barrel a few miles down the road. ...

Thread: Had my Truck broken into today!!

It started with me and my wife deciding to get breakfast this morning( 8 am) at a Cracker Barrel a few miles down the road.
    As I enjoyed my breakfast someone stuck a screwdriver under my driver side door handle and opened my truck, 06 3500 , come to find out it's like using the key since it cuts the OEM alarm off.
    Well they left ......
    My check book,
    1K GPS,
    My VMII ( that would have been really bad)
    3 packs of smokes
    All my cd's (which I'm sure the person that did this has a different taste in music then I).

What he got was my bug out bag....
    5 uspc .40 mag's loaded with HST's....... Which I was wearing
    2 Buck Alpha Knives
    My Nikon laser rangefinder
    My nice Nikon binoculars
    A few flashlights,rope, compass, and more but you get the idea.

I filed a report with the PD,and the manager that know's how to work the cameras won't be in until the morning, but after a closer look, it looks like they are all pointed down anyway!! The officer said if their working an area they point them down the night before.

So I start to leave the parking lot and blow my left front tire....and my spare is on the ground, since I blew one Sunday(Their not that old).
    So I had to hunt down a 215/85-16 and spend another $200 and 4 hours that was not planned on.
    I've had worse day's,but this one Sucked!!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck today. I also have a '06 3500 dually, how does breaking off the door handle allow them entry? It must have allowed access to the inside mechanism to release the latch? Good thing you had your weapon on you.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Too bad ya didn't leave the keyes in it. The truck and all its contents would have been in tacted at the parking lot exit. lol.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

It's a lousy feeling, and I'm sorry to hear about your day.
    I guess today is not the day to buy a lottery ticket...hope they catch the dirtbags (but not likely).

I will seldom eat in a restaurant in which I cannot get a seat where I can see my car in a crowded parking lot...am I paranoid?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That sounds like a bad day alright. A Cracker Barrel in broad daylight... the ones around here are in "good" areas, so I would have been surprised also.

I hope the next time I park somewhere that I'll think to look at the security cameras.

Not second guessing you because I've parked on the side before due to the place being busy, but the next time I go to Cracker Barrel (or anywhere), I'm going to try harder to park where I can see the vehicle from inside.

At least you were carrying your gun at the time and hadn't left it in the truck.

Yea, I rarely sit where I can't see it, but today I had my 12ft trailer hooked up so I had to park in the RV/bus area.
    There were 2 work trucks with trailers parked beside me when I went in and they both had enough tools in plain view to build a Home Depot.
    There is a screwdriver size hole right under where the plastic stops........
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That totally sucks. I know a bunch of the guys on some of the Diesel truck forums have been replacing the front door handles with rear ones so as not to have the lock cylinder and linkage there. The only problem is if the keyless goes out they are hosed.
    Maybe your waitress can check with some of the regulars and see if they noticed anyone hanging around.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Links