Lock him in a van til he convulses

This is a discussion on Lock him in a van til he convulses within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Animal cruelty is now against the law here in the great land of Arkansas. Those who cannot take care of their pets should be 'taken ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lock him in a van til he convulses

Animal cruelty is now against the law here in the great land of Arkansas. Those who cannot take care of their pets should be 'taken care of' so-to-speak. Ever read about how many small children are left in cars to suffer and die in the heat? I'm just saying........................some folks are only alive because it's illegal to put them out of our misery.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by llongshot View Post
    I have a habit of giving what I get. My Lab is lying in the floor as I type this. He's gone to ground for me more than once when he thought it was needed. I'll do the same for him. Not so much for the rest of you. If I had to pick between you and him y'all be fending for yourselves until he's secure.
    AMEN!
    "I'm a big, hairy, American winning machine!" - Ricky Bobby

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Now this:

Richmond SPCA CEO's dog dies in hot car | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

RICHMOND

A 16-year-old deaf and blind dog belonging to the CEO of the Richmond SPCA died after being left alone in a hot car for four hours.

Robin Starr and her husband, Ed, discussed the dog's death in an interview with the Richmond Times-Dispatch. Ed Starr said he put the dog, named Louie, in his wife's car as she prepared for work last Wednesday.

Robin Starr did not realize the dog was in the car until noon. She took the dog to two clinics, but it died of kidney failure.

The National Weather Service says the temperature had reached 91 degrees by noon that day.

The board of the SPCA says it still supports Starr, who does not plan to resign.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Paramedic: the Starr's case has been posted all over rescues throughout the US tonight, it's an awful story! Same as the one in the OP here.

To say that this angers/sickens me is an understatement. Crimes against those who can not speak for/defend themselves, such as children, the elderly and infirm, and animals...that's the top of my list right there. I want to go hug my dogs after reading this, but they're at the dog sitter's till Monday. :(
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

VIP Member

great post paramedic!!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Richmond SPCA CEO's dog dies in hot car | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

RICHMOND

A 16-year-old deaf and blind dog belonging to the CEO of the Richmond SPCA died after being left alone in a hot car for four hours.

Robin Starr and her husband, Ed, discussed the dog's death in an interview with the Richmond Times-Dispatch. Ed Starr said he put the dog, named Louie, in his wife's car as she prepared for work last Wednesday.

Robin Starr did not realize the dog was in the car until noon. She took the dog to two clinics, but it died of kidney failure.

The National Weather Service says the temperature had reached 91 degrees by noon that day.

The board of the SPCA says it still supports Starr, who does not plan to resign.
    This is a great post. Note the disparity in the treatment accorded Mr. Starr and the guy the original post was about. Note too the willingness of the SPCA folks to be a bit forgiving.

Stuff happens. Not all bad things that happen need to be crimes or need to be prosecuted even if they are crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    The welfare of humans must always be put above that of either "money" or animals. So, I don't endorse jail for this idiot.

It really wasn't that many years back that this sort of incident was nothing more than an "accident" which at most merited one line in the local rag and a few shakes of the head ---but was in no way considered criminal.

I'm not endorsing what was done, but I do not think this merits much of a punishment.

There have been rare incidents where parents accidentally left kids in cars and were not prosecuted. In one I recall, a man drove to work with a baby in the car and forgot that he was supposed to take him to child care. The circumstances were such that there was no prosecution.

Dogs (much as we love them) are dogs. They are not people.
    Why am I not surprised at your lack of empathy and distorted views that often border infuriating. It's seems you have a very cavalier attitude about children being abused as well as animals.

I sure hope that for animals everywhere you do not have any, you are not worthy of an animal that would lay down it's life for your sorry a@@.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Heck, I'll eat the dog. Dog is a good meal.
    Great movie reference!

I place the value of human life far above that of any animal. I have three dogs. I am responsible for their care, and I meet that responsibility. Lots of people view animals as disposable, I don't. However, lots of people view children as disposable too.

We have dominion over the animals. At least that is how I view it. With that comes responsibility too. Sadly, many people do not measure up to the responsibility they have been entrusted with.
    This is as close to my view as I have read in this thread.

I think there should be laws against animal cruelty, especially animals that, in our culture, are revered. Slaughter a cow in India and I imagine you would get one reaction. Eat a dog in Korea and I imagine a completely different reaction. Dogs are a treasure in our culture and to neglect their care should be a punishable offense.

The real problem I have with the comments is the comparison with human children. The fact is that ANY human deserves and is entitled to more consideration that ANY dog. And the fact that some who claim to understand the difference are indifferent to killing children before they are left in the hot car is particularly disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    This is a great post. Note the disparity in the treatment accorded Mr. Starr and the guy the original post was about. Note too the willingness of the SPCA folks to be a bit forgiving.

Stuff happens. Not all bad things that happen need to be crimes or need to be prosecuted even if they are crimes.
    In my opinion, they are both morons and should be prosecuted for this.
    "I'm a big, hairy, American winning machine!" - Ricky Bobby

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links