Lock him in a van til he convulses

This is a discussion on Lock him in a van til he convulses within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A North Texas man is behind bars on South Padre Island after being arrested for his dog’s heat-related death at a popular water park. South ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lock him in a van til he convulses

A North Texas man is behind bars on South Padre Island after being arrested for his dog’s heat-related death at a popular water park.

South Padre Island police arrested Ambrosius Susilo Bekti under an animal cruelty charge on Thursday afternoon.

A passerby told a police officer that a dog had been left inside a Ford Windstar Van in the parking lot of the Schlitterbahn Water Park.

The police officer saw the dog breathing but not moving.

Firefighters were called to the scene and were able to get inside the car but the animal started convulsing.

The dog was not moving and breathing.

Rescuers tried to perform CPR but were unable to save the dog’s life.

Police were unable to locate the owner inside the water park and impounded the van.

Betki allegedly called the South Padre Island Police Department about a missing van.

The 41-year-old Keller, Texas man allegedly confirmed that the impounded van was his and that he last saw the dog inside it around 10:30 a.m. Thursday.

Investigators believe that the animal was left alone in the van for over 3 ˝ hours with temperatures exceeding 120 degrees Fahrenheit inside.

A municipal judge gave Betki a $3,000 dollar bond.
    This guy needs to get the same treatment,I can't post what I really wanta say
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

What a skumbag, he had to know what would happen to the animal..
    I mean come on, its over 100

This reminds me of the story I posted about one night at work around a month ago. Some sick pet owner left their pit bull outdoors on a patio with no water or food for at least 12 hours. The temp's were around 113 degrees that day outside at the time here in Vegas. By the way, the residents were evicted from the property! Some people shouldn't be permitted to have pets! No common sense whatsoever.
    Last edited by Pikachu711; August 23rd, 2009 at 03:58 PM.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

This disgusts me.
    The owner deserves the same treatment, but instead...if jailed...will himself complain about his cell conditions.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Horrendous. What a moron.

The fool deserved jail time and a larger fine.

VIP Member
    The welfare of humans must always be put above that of either "money" or animals. So, I don't endorse jail for this idiot.

It really wasn't that many years back that this sort of incident was nothing more than an "accident" which at most merited one line in the local rag and a few shakes of the head ---but was in no way considered criminal.

I'm not endorsing what was done, but I do not think this merits much of a punishment.

There have been rare incidents where parents accidentally left kids in cars and were not prosecuted. In one I recall, a man drove to work with a baby in the car and forgot that he was supposed to take him to child care. The circumstances were such that there was no prosecution.

Dogs (much as we love them) are dogs. They are not people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    The welfare of humans must always be put above that of either "money" or animals. So, I don't endorse jail for this idiot.

It really wasn't that many years back that this sort of incident was nothing more than an "accident" which at most merited one line in the local rag and a few shakes of the head ---but was in no way considered criminal.

I'm not endorsing what was done, but I do not think this merits much of a punishment.

There have been rare incidents where parents accidentally left kids in cars and were not prosecuted. In one I recall, a man drove to work with a baby in the car and forgot that he was supposed to take him to child care. The circumstances were such that there was no prosecution.

are you for real? your comment's just as revolting as the incident it self!!

makes me want to puke. Calling him a Scumbag is an understatement!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    I'm sure that he was nice and cool playing in the water at the water park while his dog was slowly roasting to death.

I hope that he ultimately gets his chance to bake in a place where the temps are always hotter than 120 degrees.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

"He needed killing." is a viable defense here in the South. Animal cruelty just gets to me. These innocent pets depend on us for their very existence. Just a dog, huh? Maybe to you, but my three are a part of my family, and I'd draw down just as quickly on someone hurting them as on someone hurting a human family member. They can't defend themselves like a human can. "Hopyard", you sicken me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

Two similar incident happend around here. Both sets of parents had left their children in the car, one was willful (knew she left them there), the other was purportedly confusion (each of the parents thought the other had the child), and child was in the backseat (in the car seat someone put them in) and was left in the fathter's (IIRC) car when he went into work. Both children died. Both sets of parents were given a slap on the wrist. There does seem to be a disparity in the punishments for each scenario. If we jail the man who left his dog in the car, we should, at the very least, be jailing the parents who leave their children in cars. It does seem the animal abusers are getting more coverage, and harsher responses than the parents that leave children in the car--in fact, it seems most slough it of as, "a terrible accident" or "the pain they are going through is punishment enough". I say, "F@#k 'em, you are an unfit parent". No one accidentally leaves there child in the car, it is like those knuckleheads that are cleaning their gun and it "accidentally goes off"; I'll never buy that load of horse-squeeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    "He needed killing." is a viable defense here in the South. Animal cruelty just gets to me. These innocent pets depend on us for their very existence. Just a dog, huh? Maybe to you, but my three are a part of my family, and I'd draw down just as quickly on someone hurting them as on someone hurting a human family member. They can't defend themselves like a human can. "Hopyard", you sicken me.
    wow! i thought i was the only pro-handgunner,pro second amendment person on here that also had your beliefs on animal cruelty..+1 on your comment!

Process check...

It makes my blood boil when I read about this type of behavior, but... I'm trying to figure out how this story relates to Defensive Carry, armed citizens, and "encounters" with bad guys.

Years ago when I worked at Wal-mart, someone pulled into the fire lane and got out of their car to run inside. I happened to be carrying out a TV for a customer and saw the car. On the way back in I noticed a little girl in the back seat with no one else inside it. We had a Metro Dade cop posted there at all times and I flagged him over. We sent the manager inside to page the person and the officer started to try to slim jim the door open. After about 5 minutes of trying, and no one responding to the pages, I grabbed a tire iron a customer was holding and smashed the driver side front window in (well...used the pry bar end to poke thru and unlock the door.)
    The officer retrieved the little girl who was covered in sweat and actually panting. About 10 minutes in, and a call to the dispatchers, we had the owner's name. The manager paged that customer to the front and she finally showed up.
    By this time, the car was on a tow truck and CPS was on scene to take custody of the child. The lady seemed totally unaware of the situation and kept saying she left the car running with the AC on. The officer asked her where the keys were...and she was holding them. She then started to say...it was only a couple minutes. We told her it was over 20 she was gone.

She went away in cuffs and a few of us had to go to court as witnesses. She did end up getting the child back in the end...which ticked all of us off....
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links