Veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam Killed in Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam Killed in Home Invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure if anyone posted this or if it made the national news but here is a truly sad ending to a warrior that sacrificed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam Killed in Home Invasion

Veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam Killed in Home Invasion

Not sure if anyone posted this or if it made the national news but here is a truly sad ending to a warrior that sacrificed so much for his Country:

Veteran of 3 wars, 85, dies in home invasion

DAYTON — Homicide detectives are looking for the person or persons who brutally attacked an 85-year-old decorated veteran who survived three wars only to be killed inside his home.

U.S. Army Sgt. Maj. (Ret.) North E. Woodall was found bloodied and unconscious by a neighbor about 11:30 p.m. Monday, July 27, at 1028 Walton Ave. after an apparent home invasion, police said.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The front door to the home was kicked in, and Woodall was found on the floor near the door, Lt. Brian Johns said.

He died from blunt-force trauma to the head, Montgomery County Coroner’s Office director Ken Betz said Tuesday.

Detective Sgt. Gary White said it’s unclear if Woodall was hit in the head by an intruder or fell during the struggle.

It is also unclear what, if anything, was taken from his home, but White said they are certain Woodall is a homicide victim.

Woodall served in World War II, Korea and Vietnam before retiring as an E-9 sergeant major, U.S. Army Special Forces , also known as a Green Beret.

The recipient of two Silver Stars , Woodall had just returned in late June from an Honor Flight trip to Washington, D.C., where he and other veterans traveled in an RV to visit war memorials.

“He was a quiet guy and kind of kept to himself,” said John Fleeger, who drove the RV . “I remember he couldn’t find his suit when we got to the hotel and he really wanted to wear his suit to see the memorial.”

Woodall’s daughter-in-law said she took him food last week and he was in good spirits.

Police said Woodall’s home was burglarized once before in the last five years, but he was not hurt .

He is the city’s 26th homicide this year. Anyone with information about his death should call 333-COPS.
    Last edited by SCbuckeye12; August 25th, 2009 at 06:24 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Don't that make you mad? It is sad for any innocent person to die like this,but a man who did all this in his life,to die at the hands of scum.

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm glad he made it to D.C. to see the war memorials which were built to honor men and women like him.

That sucks,he earned a good life,I wish the days of street lynchings would return for some crimes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Words don't exist that could ever convey the level of disgust & anger I have towards these BG's.

Mr. Woodall is part of the "greatest generation that ever lived" & a large part of why we have today's freedoms, & this is how the bottom-feeding scum of our society choose to exercise those freedoms.

These BG's deserve a long, cold, lonely & miserable existence in a dark & isolated cell for the rest of their lives, hopefully many decades. Death would be too quick, easy & humane of a solution for these schmucks.

My father-in-law likewise served in WWII, Korea, & Vietnam ... passed on 11/02 at age 80. Nothing but respect & admiration for their generation. My prayers & condolences to Mr. Woodall's family & friends, RIP.

That is disgusting, absolutely disgusting. May he rest in peace, and they find the scumbag who did it and lock him in a dark hole.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Very Sad. Woodall served this country his whole life
    so including the bad guys that robbed him could live
    a free life. Just plain sad and tragic

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That sucks,he earned a good life,I wish the days of street lynchings would return for some crimes
    I agree...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Dirty rotten scumbags, I wish I could say more but.... They should be made to suffer a slow painful death at the hands of military vets.

These little cowards didn't have the =-ts to go after an able bodied person.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I suspect that there aren't many 3 war veterans from that era. RIP.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    In case no one hit the link, do so and see the pic of the deceased.

Since he is 'of color' then he has walked an even harder walk than most, as he had to overcome significant barriers, and still excelled to the height of a great career.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

this BG was a very cold hearted scum .I hope the cops get him before he kills another person.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Too fast for the scum that did this. I'd be banned for life for my thoughts on the appropriate punishment.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

This mans death is just one more reason the we need to stay armed. The police can not protect us they only come by after the fact to see what happened.
    You don't shoot to kill;you shoot to stay alive.

RIP Sgt. Maj. and may those responsible for your untimely death pay dearly for their deeds, both here and later.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links