Israel Defense Force troops thwart Hebron terrorist attack

This is a discussion on Israel Defense Force troops thwart Hebron terrorist attack within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; IDF thwarts terrorist attack in Hebron | Israel | Jerusalem Post IDF troops in Hebron foiled a terrorist attack on Wednesday morning, by neutralizing a ...

Thread: Israel Defense Force troops thwart Hebron terrorist attack

IDF thwarts terrorist attack in Hebron | Israel | Jerusalem Post

IDF troops in Hebron foiled a terrorist attack on Wednesday morning, by neutralizing a Palestinian attacker who attempted to stab them.

The man arrived at a checkpoint in the city and tried to stab troops multiple times. In response, troops followed army procedure, and shot him twice in the legs.

The attacker was detained in serious condition, and taken for medical treatment.

Large security forces were alerted to the scene.

What's interesting about this is that they stopped the attack by shooting the attacker in the legs. Kind of flies in the face of conventional wisdom about stopping an attack by shooting CoM.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Brougt a knife to a gunfight,Suicide by Jew,I guess they don't wanta shoot COM unless it's a fair fight
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

They have been killing each other forever, and I just dont see it stopping anytime soon
    Last edited by Bumper; August 27th, 2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Removed quote of offensive post

The "no shooting to wound" thing is a cultural/legal issue.

In some nations like the USA, it's not acceptable.

In others, eh...you get frisky and BOOM. Sit down & stop bleeding on my rug or I'll shoot you a second time.

Obviously, the IDF has ROE which we aren't comfortable with...but that doesn't mean they aren't legit ROE's for the situation.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Wounded terrorists are far more likely to respond to interrogation than dead ones. Considering the importance of intel, I'm not surprised at the policy. Bear in mind that the policy probably does NOT say "always shoot an attacker in the legs without exception." I have no doubt the IDF has criteria that determines when to shoot CoM.

I wasn't aware that Israel is rounding up peaceful Palestinian civilians and putting them into prison camps. It makes wonder how they found any peaceful Palestinians in the first place.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Wounded terrorists are far more likely to respond to interrogation than dead ones. Considering the importance of intel, I'm not surprised at the policy. Bear in mind that the policy probably does NOT say "always shoot an attacker in the legs without exception." I have no doubt the IDF has criteria that determines when to shoot CoM.
    I agree.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

COM rounds to an attacker wearing explosives might not turn out too well for everyone?

Senior Moderator
    Lets keep the political views out or this topic will be closed.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

When I served my obligation time in the IDF it was common to shoot to wound for interogation purposes.I was in tanks and the coaxial 7.62 was not the best for taking live prisoners.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by Toml View Post
    COM rounds to an attacker wearing explosives might not turn out too well for everyone?
    +1 yeah someone might go boom

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    When I served my obligation time in the IDF it was common to shoot to wound for interogation purposes.I was in tanks and the coaxial 7.62 was not the best for taking live prisoners.
    Maybe prisioners with missing body parts, get hit with a 7.62 and its gonna do more than just a simple through and through..

Youre right about that IronMike

Sponsored Links