Who says Border Fence is useless?

This is a discussion on Who says Border Fence is useless? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; TIJUANA, Mexico — Police in the Mexican border city of Tijuana say they have arrested six men for stealing pieces of the U.S. border fence ...

Thread: Who says Border Fence is useless?

Who says Border Fence is useless?

TIJUANA, Mexico — Police in the Mexican border city of Tijuana say they have arrested six men for stealing pieces of the U.S. border fence to sell as scrap metal.

Holes in the border fence once were more commonly made by migrant smugglers, but fewer people are trying to cross because of a weak U.S. economy and a crackdown on immigration.

The Tijuana police department says the suspects intended to sell the steel sheeting as scrap.

The first two men caught cutting into the fence on Monday. An alleged accomplice was detained Tuesday with 11 pieces of fencing. The U.S. Border Patrol alerted police to three more suspects.

Police said Wednesday the men may face federal charges because the fence area is considered federal property.
    It doesn't matter if it's tied down bolted down or welded if It's within 100 miles of Mexico it can disappear
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Who knows, maybe they'll start re-making hub caps.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's tied down bolted down or welded if It's within 100 miles of Mexico it can disappear
    Just as a matter of information, that vary same type of theft happens everyday on the property of the Rapid Transit and various other businesses in downtown Cleveland.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Perhaps if they put up and "electric fence" with oh say.........about 10,000 volts..........I'm just saying.........
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Perhaps if they put up and "electric fence" with oh say.........about 10,000 volts..........I'm just saying.........
    We saw the reality of how well that worked in "Jurassic Park"
    Ritalin - So much easier than parenting.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Make the sign say:
    This fence electrically charged 20 hours a day, you guess which hours"
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I like it
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

How about making in out of plastic? cow dung? Something that have no value. I know what to use the US dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Make the sign say:
    This fence electrically charged 20 hours a day, you guess which hours"
    Electrified razor wire...

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Wouldn't matter, we have had several deaths up here from people trying to steal heavy copper wires from inside manholes. The wires were energized at the time with lots of DANGER signs. One city started placing 500lb cement blocks onto top of all of the junction boxes covers, only slowed the thieves down a bit.

Links