CHL holder shoots BG

This is a discussion on CHL holder shoots BG within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; responding to a alarm at night in Texas---I doubt any charges will be filed Roofing company employee shoots man suspected of burglary | News | ...

Thread: CHL holder shoots BG

CHL holder shoots BG

responding to a alarm at night in Texas---I doubt any charges will be filed

Roofing company employee shoots man suspected of burglary | News | Star-Telegram
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

2. Remove Ads

Although I think it was a good thing (take out the BG) I have to say responding to the alarm without calling the LEO is asking for problems..

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    Although I think it was a good thing (take out the BG) I have to say responding to the alarm without calling the LEO is asking for problems..
    Agreed.

In fact Wednesday morning at 5:13AM I experienced the exact _same_ situational occurrence of business alarm going off followed by alert to me directly.

I planned to post a specific thread about it later today/tonight.
    But bottom line...Call the cops first!
    That should be ones very first thought before doing _anything_ else.

In my own case it turned out to be a door opened, most probably left unlocked, but as the alarm went off it likely scared off the intruder.
    No property damaged or missing...and cops responded as called beating me to the location, though I did not rush to run out the door immediately.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Shouldn't a central station montoring company called the police?

It doesn't say in the article, but most alarm companies would also call LEO. Probably not necessary in that part of town if the alarm was audible, though. It's BAD part of town and usually LEO's are plentiful and unless they had their windows rolled up could have heard it.

Did I say it was in a BAD part of town? That part of town was bad 50 years ago.
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Shouldn't a central station montoring company called the police?
    Yep!

That's what occurred in my own case.
    They first called the cops...Second called my cell as per prior specified conditions.
    The first question I asked them was; "Have you called the police yet?" to which they replied yes and they are responding right now.

So I took my time for 5 minutes before leaving my home armed with a spare magazine as well as a can of holstered OC/CS and a good duty grade flashlight as well as wearing boots in the event there was any broken glass.

Folks should have their businesses alarmed and connected to an service who will call the cops or fire dept. FIRST and then contact the business owner/management secondarily.
    Anything else and less is foolhardy.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Links