Home Invasion Fredericksburg, Va

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Fredericksburg, Va within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Fredericksburg, Va Fredericksburg.com - City man arrested in home invasion City man arrested in home invasion A Fredericksburg man was arrested Friday shortly after he ...

Thread: Home Invasion Fredericksburg, Va

VIP Member

Home Invasion Fredericksburg, Va

Fredericksburg, Va

Fredericksburg.com - City man arrested in home invasion

City man arrested in home invasion

A Fredericksburg man was arrested Friday shortly after he beat, tied up and robbed a man in his home, police said.

Date published: 9/1/2009

BY KEITH EPPS

A Fredericksburg man was arrested Friday shortly after he beat, tied up and robbed a man in his home, police said.

The incident occurred about 6:30 p.m. in the 1200 block of Charles Street, city police spokeswoman Natatia Bledsoe said.

Bledsoe said a neighbor called police after hearing the victim screaming for help.

The neighbor went outside and saw the victim on his front porch. The victim told her that someone was inside his home.

The suspect then walked out of the home with an armload of items, Bledsoe said. When he noticed the neighbor, he walked back inside.

The suspect then left through the back door. He was apprehended a short time later in the 1200 block of Sophia Street.

Bledsoe said the victim told police he was in his living room watching television when a man he didn't know walked in an open back door.

He asked the victim for money and was told several times to leave, Bledsoe said. He then attacked the victim, hitting him several times in the head area.

Police said the suspect then tied the victim's hands behind his back with an electrical cord. He then punched and kicked the victim again.

He then went through the victim's home and took several items, including tools, a cell phone and the victim's wallet.

The 45-year-old victim told police he was finally able to free himself. He said the ordeal lasted about 25 minutes.

The neighbor gave police a good description of the suspect. Craig Owen Vaczy, 30, was arrested a short time later. The victim's wallet was recovered.

Vaczy, who has a long criminal record, was charged with robbery, abduction, malicious wounding, burglary, destruction of property and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also served with an outstanding warrant from Spotsylvania.

Vaczy was placed in the Rappahannock Regional Jail under no bond.

Keith Epps: 540/374-5404
    Email: kepps@freelancestar.com
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

It would be nice if our victim had locked his doors and owned a shotgun.
    Hard to imagine this happening in Fredericksburg.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Locking your doors while you're home is paranoid. Carrying while you're at home is paranoid.

Fine. Call me paranoid.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member
    How much you wanna bet he buys a shotgun after this incident?

VIP Member
    Buy a gun? Not necessarily.

I know an Anti-RKBA woman who won't have anyone who is openly pro-RKBA work in the voluntary program, which she runs, (harasses them out, won't agree to disagree and leave it be) because her brother was shot in a robbery.

BTW -- A second woman, who is sometimes in charge, is about the same, because her brother shot himself.

When I quit, I told the both, "I suppose you two will be starting an anti-fork campaign soon, seeing as how you are both obese, both have diabetes running in your families and the misuse of forks kill over 100 times the number of people in this country as guns. Yep, I think that only people who have a body mass of 24 and under should be allowed to own any sort of flatware or plates."

[BTW- I made up the 100 times on the fly, as they did their anti-RKBA stats, but I wonder what the real number is.]
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post

I know an Anti-RKBA woman who won't have anyone who is openly pro-RKBA work in the voluntary program, which she runs, (harasses them out, won't agree to disagree and leave it be) because her brother was shot in a robbery.

BTW -- A second woman, who is sometimes in charge, is about the same, because her brother shot himself.

When I quit, I told the both, "I suppose you two will be starting an anti-fork campaign soon, seeing as how you are both obese, both have diabetes running in your families and the misuse of forks kill over 100 times the number of people in this country as guns. Yep, I think that only people who have a body mass of 24 and under should be allowed to own any sort of flatware or plates."

[BTW- I made up the 100 times on the fly, as they did their anti-RKBA stats, but I wonder what the real number is.]
    Ban sugar.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Deaths from Diabetes: 71,372 deaths in USA 2001 (CDC); 68,399 annual deaths or 2.9% of deaths (CDC/1999)

Cause of death rank: 6th leading cause of death in 1999 and 2000 (CDC).

According to “Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence,” gun-death statistics in the U.S. for 1998 are as follows:

In 1998, 30,708 people in the United States died from firearm-related deaths - 12,102 (39%) of those were murdered; 17,424 (57%) were suicides; 866 (3%) were accidents; and in 316 (1%) the intent was unknown.”

Closer to 2 1/2 times...point still valid.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Deaths from Diabetes: 71,372 deaths in USA 2001 (CDC); 68,399 annual deaths or 2.9% of deaths (CDC/1999)

Cause of death rank: 6th leading cause of death in 1999 and 2000 (CDC).

According to “Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence,” gun-death statistics in the U.S. for 1998 are as follows:

In 1998, 30,708 people in the United States died from firearm-related deaths - 12,102 (39%) of those were murdered; 17,424 (57%) were suicides; 866 (3%) were accidents; and in 316 (1%) the intent was unknown.”

Closer to 2 1/2 times...point still valid.
    Not to start a hijack, but I was assuming all the heart, stroke problems linked to high blood pressure and high blood cholesterol linked to obesity; certain types of cancers, especially the hormonally related and large-bowel cancers, of cancer of the breast, colon, prostate, endometroium, kidney and gallbladder, pancreas, etc, which are also strongly linked to obesity, in addition to Diabetes.

I'd take the Brady bunch's stats with a grain of salt -- were it not for my Partial Blockage Coronary Artery Disease / Cardiac Arrhythmia restricting my salt intake.
    Last edited by DaveH; September 1st, 2009 at 11:27 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

From the article...

"The neighbor gave police a good description of the suspect. Craig Owen Vaczy, 30, was arrested a short time later. The victim's wallet was recovered.

Vaczy, who has a long criminal record, was charged with robbery, abduction, malicious wounding, burglary, destruction of property and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also served with an outstanding warrant from Spotsylvania."

Why was this dirtbag out on the street? It's always the same...LONG CRIMINAL RECORD.

His next victim (and there will be a next one) needs to end his career, permanently!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That is hillarious.

Links