Ex security Guard shoots finger

This is a discussion on Ex security Guard shoots finger within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Former security guard shoots own finger | security, finger, shoots - News - Northwest Florida Daily News Former security guard shoots own finger Comments 10 ...

Thread: Ex security Guard shoots finger

Ex security Guard shoots finger

Former security guard shoots own finger | security, finger, shoots - News - Northwest Florida Daily News

Former security guard shoots own finger
    Comments 10 | Recommend 0
    September 01, 2009 8:52 AM
    Robbyn Brooks
    Daily News
    NICEVILLE When police responded to Twin Cities Medical Center too meet with a gun shot victim, they found the wound was self-inflicted.

A former security guard who said he was used to being around guns was cleaning a 9mm Ruger for his roommate who had just gotten her concealed weapons permit, according to a Niceville Police Department incident report. The man did say it was the first time he had been around a semi-automatic weapon.

According to the man, he was outside with the gun and was having problems with the slide. The report said he couldn't get it to move back and forth. The man said he had the safety on and thought the gun was unloaded, although he knew there was a magazine in the gun.

The man said he his right hand was on the gun and wrapped around the grip and his left hand was on top of the gun attempting to unlock the jammed slide. The report said the man told officers he must have hit the safety or the safety was faulty because the gun went off twice, very rapidly.

The report said the man didn't realize he had shot himself until he saw blood. He picked up his rounds off the ground and put them in his pocket and yelled for his roommate. The man hosed his blood off the porch and his roommate took him to the hospital.

Another example of not knowing what you're doing and carelessness.
    If I need to oil a gun, I go to the beach.
    8040 Couger, P95
    1929 MN 91/30, 1927/28 MN Ex Dragoon, MN M44's, Lots of MN's
    Swiss LG1911 1915 and 1916
    Brazilian VZ-24 JC (2), Brazilian Model 1908
    Spanish M1916

2. Remove Ads

Ape
    Idiots like this shouldn't be allowed to own guns, much less tell anyone who'll listen that they've been around guns and know what they're doing.

A former security guard who said he was used to being around guns ...

The man said he had the safety on and thought the gun was unloaded, although he knew there was a magazine in the gun.

...the safety was faulty because the gun went off twice, very rapidly.
    That's the only part of this story that needs to be read! He's obviously an idiot who can't even be a security guard!

VIP Member
    idiots

Yet another negligent discharge

obviously,basic firearm safety guidelines were not followed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    Idiots like this shouldn't be allowed to own guns, much less tell anyone who'll listen that they've been around guns and know what they're doing.

That's the only part of this story that needs to be read! He's obviously an idiot who can't even be a security guard!
    guess there was two ND's one from the weapon and one from his mouth

"and that's how I got this little guy"

Yep musta been a faulty safety,and it also became a machinegun,hope the ATF don't lock him up
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

...the first time he had been around a semi-automatic weapon.
    Why was he trying to clean a weapon he hadn't familiarized himself with? When I brought home my M&P .40, I spent more than an hour assembling, disassembling and cleaning it before I put any bullets in it! And I already knew how to operate a semi-automatic handgun. Would he have left rounds in the cylinder when playing around with his wheelgun? I think not.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

This is a common case of right brain overriding left brain as in relation to thinking.

Left brain = Logic and reason
    Right brain = Emotion amongst other largely useless and get you into trouble thoughts :)

Soon as I read that the gun was owned by the roommate who was female, bingo I could see with as my 6 yr. old states my 'Eye spy magic eye' what occurred.

Girl shows up with gun;
    Man wanting to 'manly' tries to impress girl with his firearm handling prowess;
    Man makes statements about how he's "trained" and "knows guns well";
    Girl says thanks I'lljust read the included owners manual first (!);
    Man says don't bother they all are the same and generally say nothing useful (which of course is very much UNTRUE!);
    Girl capitulates upon Man's now annoying and overbearing insistence to have her allow him to be 'The Man';
    Man fumbles with gun as he doesn't know Jack O'Lantern in reality about the specific firearm nor what he's doing;
    Man takes gun outside out of sight from Girl because now he's frustrated and doesn't want Girl to realize he's really just a bumbling idiot and fool;
    Man goes outside on to the front porch (!) to fumble further and curse about how the guns designer is an idiot and that the manufacturer sucks and how she should've listened to him and bought <Fill in the blank gun that he owns and thus knows>;
    Man winds up shooting himself;
    And he blames it on the gun.

Stupid.

And this end note from the article is just as stupid a thought;

"After the accident, she wrapped the gun in a blue towel and placed it in a basket in the bathroom of the master bedroom so her son wouldn't wake up and find it."

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Haha, a security company used to do their firearms qual. at my old job. During a draw, one put lead through his leg. The best part was that he tried to "walk it off". Not only do you get fired, but you have a hole in you... Can you imagine explaining that one to the wife?

Someone needs to send him some gun safety info

The report said the man told officers he must have hit the safety or the safety was faulty because the gun went off twice, very rapidly.
    Yes, it was most definitely faulty. The safety between the ears that is...
    I sure hope he can't breed. We don't need any more stupid people. There's already about 6.6 billion(and change) of them in the world now.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Links