Lunatic Hit and Run on a cyclist

This is a discussion on Lunatic Hit and Run on a cyclist within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Cyclist Mistaken For Thief, Rammed By Van - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver Police: Cyclist Mistaken For Thief, Rammed By Van Timothy Hombs ...

Thread: Lunatic Hit and Run on a cyclist

Lunatic Hit and Run on a cyclist

Police: Cyclist Mistaken For Thief, Rammed By Van - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Police: Cyclist Mistaken For Thief, Rammed By Van
    Timothy Hombs Arrested On Assault Charge

POSTED: 10:32 am MDT September 1, 2009
    COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- A minivan driver struck a cyclist who he mistakenly thought had stolen his son's bike, police said Tuesday.

Police said Timothy Hombs was driving his Dodge Caravan near the intersection of Palmer Park Boulevard and Wooten Road at about 2 p.m. Monday, when he spotted a bicycle that he thought belonged to his son.

"He believed the bike had been stolen and he intentionally struck the victim who was riding the bike," a police report stated.

The cyclist, who was not identified, suffered minor leg injuries when he was hit but didn't require hospitalization.

Investigators said after Hombs got out of the minivan and approached the cyclist, he was punched by the cyclist who feared he would be hit again.

Hombs suffered minor injuries to his face as a result of being hit. He was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault.

A woman who answered Hombs' phone on Tuesday said he didn't want to speak to a reporter.

Police said the bicycle didn't belong to Hombs' son.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    What an idiot, lucky he idn't seriously hurt the other person.

Right brain.
    Should have used his left.

I wonder though, if the guy had used a gun instead of a 4K lbs. and 200+ HP automobile as a _weapon_ would the Brady folks be jumping up and down calling for removal of all guns from civilian possesion?
    If so, and we know this is so, then where are they during incidents such as this with relation to humans being injured or killed by persons using motor vehicles criminally and irresponsibly?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Right brain.
    Should have used his left.

I wonder though, if the guy had used a gun instead of a 4K lbs. and 200+ HP automobile as a _weapon_ would the Brady folks be jumping up and down calling for removal of all guns from civilian possesion?
    If so, and we know this is so, then where are they during incidents such as this with relation to humans being injured or killed by persons using motor vehicles criminally and irresponsibly?

- Janq
    Well, you KNOW they aren't going to be going after cars; maybe "evil" SUV's but not all automobiles, they love 'em. Anyway, we know why the anti's are so fixated on guns (at least regarding those that FUND the antis): It is a lot easier to enslave unarmed people, or force communistic schemes down their throat. This makes it a lot easier to understand why the anti's appear to not give a rats behind about violent crime.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

He's lucky that cyclist wasn't carrying,somebody hits me with a car intentionally,and then jumps out and approaches me in an angry/violent mood and he's getting double tapped
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

well i hope the cyclist uses an attorney to double tap his ass to the poor house.

VIP Member
    A similar incident happened to our son a few weeks ago. He's riding his bike in our neighborhood when a woman stops her car and accuses him of stealing her son's bike. My son told her she was wrong and rode off. I just wish he had gotten her license plate number so we could contact the police.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

(Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

What an idiot, he must have thought that the bike maker made only ONE bike that looked like his son's. He didn't realize that in a crazy attempt to make a profit they had actually produced several that look exactly alike.

This does show you just how irrational people can be...

Even had he been correct he chose a stupid way to resolve the issue.
    Last edited by rottkeeper; September 2nd, 2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: add last sentence
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Second degree assault?!

Should be Assault with a deadly weapon, vehicular assault, who knows what else.

He was very lucky he didn't get shot. He certainly deserved it.

Links