Gun Control isn't Working!

This is a discussion on Gun Control isn't Working! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; They take the guns away from the thugs, and they find another way to kill each other. Another great example of why they shouldn't blame ...

Thread: Gun Control isn't Working!

Gun Control isn't Working!

They take the guns away from the thugs, and they find another way to kill each other. Another great example of why they shouldn't blame guns.

Text spat leads to murder by 5-iron

Police said one man is dead and one man is in custody after a cell phone argument led to a confrontation in Wixom, Michigan.

An ongoing argument between the victim and a group of other young men escalated until it came to a boiling point overnight, said police.

Two groups of young men, one group armed with baseball bats and the other group armed with golf clubs, met at a house on the secluded Bellconey Road in Wixom early Tuesday morning, police said.

The fight broke out around 3 a.m. and the unidentified victim was hit in the back of the head with a 5 Iron golf club.

"Some kid came up from behind and hit him in the head with a golf club. I heard the whole thing," said the victim's friend Michael Tuck.

Most of the men ran off, but several men stayed behind to help police in the investigation, said police.

Nobody else was injured in the fight.

Wixom Police Chief Clarence Goodlein said an 18-year-old White Lake man was arrested about 5 a.m. Tuesday in a wooded area.

Friends of the victim said an argument between the victim and the man in custody began a while back because the victim felt he was "dissed" in public.

"At one point in time the one man 'fronted' the other man off in front of his other friends," said Goodlein.

The fight continued to escalate over text messages and threats of violence, until the men decided to meet on the secluded street to settle the score, police said.

Police said six to eight men between the ages of 18 and 20 years old were at the fight.

Police said some of the men involved were not fighting with the victim, but came to the meeting to help their friends.

Local 4 has learned the 18-year-old victim is from Wixom. However, police are withholding his identity.

"He was always hanging around the neighborhood, going on the boat going fishing with me. He was a good man, that's all I got to say," said Tuck.

Goodlein said he expects to forward the case to the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office later Tuesday.

2. Remove Ads

Well, the 'unidentified' thug settled the score and now he will have decades to gloat and brag about it in his cell...what a maroooon.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The antis would immediatly want to outlaw guns as usual if this involved say, a glock 19 or a Colt 1911 etc etc - what will they say now, owning Louisville slugger bats or Callaway clubs should be illegal?

Sorry for sarcasim,just my .02

-Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

well first they will start with those cheap saturday night special walmart clubs

This is surprisingly common. One of my friends said there was a gang fight behind the restaurant he worked at complete with frying pans, bb guns, golf clubs, a pocket knife and a katanna. Thugs will use what ever is available to fight each other or hurt innocent people.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Folks you have to think like a gungrabber:

This is a victory because if any of them had guns there would be more dead.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

What's old is new again...

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

We all know right from wrong. Legislating "crime" via the stipulation of each and every variation hasn't done a damned thing. Criminals simply slide from one tool to the next, using whatever's at hand for separating upstanding people from their possessions and their lives.

Want a criminal unable to commit crime? Eliminate the criminal.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Gun control advocates will not listen to reason. They don't have to. They are focused on one thing only, the banning of any and all firearms. It will not make any difference to them one way or another if substitute weapons are used, they rely solely upon the principle that "guns are for killing people" and once that is eliminated, there will be no more killing by using guns. Nice utopian thought, but as the evidence supplied in the article states, criminals will be resourceful and use whatever they can to injure or kill. Banning firearms may decrease the gun crime, somewhat, but not entriely. Humans are like that, we are tool makers and will do whatever is necessary to fabricate both tools and weapons.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I'd have played the 6 iron myself......
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

My brother keeps insisting that his method of self protection is better than mine. He has a baseball bat in case he has to protect himself! He keeps his Louisville Slugger by his apartment door.

Now if I were a baseball I would be worried. Until that point I keep "suggesting" he buy a basic revolver or shotgun for self defense. So far, no luck!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Gotta get me a set of Tactical golf irons...

With rails, ghostring sights and a tactical flashlight...

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Gotta get me a set of Tactical golf irons...
    with rails, ghostring sights and a tactical flashlight...

Links