80 yo woman in ATL shot in the face = DEAD for 2 dollars

This is a discussion on 80 yo woman in ATL shot in the face = DEAD for 2 dollars within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Elderly laundromat owner killed in A.M. robbery| ajc.com I do not think armed intervention might have helped in this case but if we had more ...

Thread: 80 yo woman in ATL shot in the face = DEAD for 2 dollars

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

80 yo woman in ATL shot in the face = DEAD for 2 dollars

Elderly laundromat owner killed in A.M. robbery| ajc.com

I do not think armed intervention might have helped in this case but if we had more guns on the street in the hands of law abiding citz we would definitely make the crims think twice before pulling out a handgun.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Elderly laundromat owner killed in A.M. robbery| ajc.com

I do not think armed intervention might have helped in this case but if we had more guns on the street in the hands of law abiding citz we would definitely make the crims think twice before pulling out a handgun.
    Imagine how far the murderer would have gotten if 100% of all upstanding adult citizens carried.

If only. It would be a better place. More respectful, at least, with far less of this sort of crap going on. If only.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

man it takes a cold hearted person to shoot a 80 year old
    woman in the face. Hope they catch that coward soon.

Well, I'm not going to say what I want to say so I'll just say that I hope they get the coward!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Immigrants who came here from South Korea and probably spent their lives busting their asses and working 16-hour days to achieve success... only to have it all ended by a scumbag coward looking to steal what he didn't want to earn.

I hope the victim's family catches up with him first.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I really think that after a crime like this when they catch the person's involved upon conviction they just turn them over to the victims family and say you may impose justice any way you want
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I just can't understand the mentality of this. How does one get to the point that a human life is worth nothing? It just doesn't make sense. I do not know all the particulars from the article, but can glean from it that it is perhaps some thug who is addicted to drugs and is willing to do anything to obtain the money to purchase more. We can always find something to blame it on, economy, environment, bad parenting, lack of education, but what it boils down to is the choices made on which way to go. I could not imagine going the route of the killer. No doubt the antis will view this as a good reason to ban firearms so that "criminals" won't be able to use them. Another thing that doesn't make sense.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I hope they catch the scumbag.

It's worth noting though.......sometimes it simply makes no sense to resist. BG had a gun, all she had was $2, and she was trying to "fend him off" with a broom?! This would have been a good time to comply and take her chances that he's more interested in some cash and a quick, no stress getaway than in doing her any harm.

Sad.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I just can't understand the mentality of this. How does one get to the point that a human life is worth nothing? It just doesn't make sense. I do not know all the particulars from the article, but can glean from it that it is perhaps some thug who is addicted to drugs and is willing to do anything to obtain the money to purchase more. We can always find something to blame it on, economy, environment, bad parenting, lack of education, but what it boils down to is the choices made on which way to go. I could not imagine going the route of the killer. No doubt the antis will view this as a good reason to ban firearms so that "criminals" won't be able to use them. Another thing that doesn't make sense.
    Drugs, poor family upbringing or no family to speak of, no discipline at home, school dropout, and a lack of respect for anything that society has to offer, no self-respect, and just a plain dirtbag who is wasting O2..."Hang 'em High...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My guess is crystal meth or heroin.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

For $2?!

That barely covers the price of the ammo!

Bad guys are so bad at math.

I heard she tried to fend him off with a broom, and that's why he shot her. I sure hope they catch the maggot. They have a pretty good description of the guy, only time will tell.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Stop and think about this. He only got two bucks. He can't buy a pack of smokes for two bucks. That means he had to get the remainder of the cost of his daily habit from one or more others (not counting replacement ammo). And it's going to happen until he's caught or someone kills him or he overdoses. And how many more are out there? We've been making fun of the Zombie thing but it's getting to the point where it's no longer laughable.

Links