Pastor shot

This is a discussion on Pastor shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Reports indicate the victim in a law enforcement shooting yesterday in downtown Toccoa is dead. Multiple reports into AM 630 WNEG News have identified the ...

Thread: Pastor shot

Pastor shot

Reports indicate the victim in a law enforcement shooting yesterday in downtown Toccoa is dead.

Multiple reports into AM 630 WNEG News have identified the victim as Pastor Jonathan Ayers of Shoal Creek Baptist Church of Lavonia or Hartwell.

Those same reports indicate he died last night.

The incident started Tuesday afternoon, prior to 3 p.m., according to Stephens County Sheriff Randy Shirley.

“We, the Stephens County Sheriff’s Office, the GBI, and the Toccoa Police Department are investigating an officer-involved shooting,” said Shirley. “The NCIS team was doing a covert drug operation and an individual that was involved in the drug transaction was shot. This occurred at the Shell station at Broad and Currahee streets, and the suspect fled and hit a tree with his car. The suspect is at Stephens County Hospital with a gunshot wound in the right upper abdomen area. He is conscious and alert.”

Again though this morning, reports indicate the victim, identified in multiple reports as Pastor Jonathan Ayers of Shoal Creek Baptist Church, has died from the wounds suffered in the incident.

AM 630 WNEG will provide more information on this story as it becomes available.

WNEG News

Details are sketchy at this point. I have friends that attend this church and I'll try to get more details.

Please keep his wife in your thoughts and prayers, she is pregnant with their first child.

2. Remove Ads

The pastor was buying or selling drugs???
    I hope I'm wrong.

Am I misreading this, or another poorly-written article from the media?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

poorly written

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    The pastor was buying or selling drugs???
    I hope I'm wrong.

Am I misreading this, or another poorly-written article from the media?
    I hope its just a poorly written article. There are rumors going around right now but I'm waiting to hear from people who actually know what happened.

All of us make mistakes and take wrong paths at times...I'll need more info to absorb what really happened here...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Kinda early to tell,but one thing I do know is Addicts come in all shapes,sizes,ethnic backgrounds,and walks of life
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links