Gun show discharge

This is a discussion on Gun show discharge within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Rcher A major violation of the basic safety rules. Some people are so stupid, it surprises me that they live long enough ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun show discharge

Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    A major violation of the basic safety rules. Some people are so stupid, it surprises me that they live long enough to die.
    Agreed.

Not only did TWO humans who are allegedly 'gun people' not note this most basic of basic gun safety rules but nobody around them including fellow vendors, show staff, nor the as reported three customers who handled the gun prior think to note the chamber was not zip tied OPEN...or to chamber check the firearm before handling it.

Items like this are the fuel that antis soak up as we in turn state to them and anyone else who'll listen that we have basic firearm safety rules to adhere to and follow so as to prevent _negligent_ situations and injuries...such as this.

Ridiculous.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

The new "gun show loophole" is the one they just blasted in the floor!

What scares the crap out of me is he never cleared the weapon on the firing line and then carried a loaded gun he thought was unloaded around,this coulda very easily been a man killed by unloaded gun story,THAT IS WHY ANYBODY HANDS YOU A GUN,HAVE THEM CLEAR IT AND CHECK THE MAGWELL AND CHAMBER TO MAKE SURE THE GUN IS UNLOADED
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Man that's just crazy. Looks like the LEO's need to enforce the NO Loaded Weapons policy, before the doors open.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Moderator
    I find it troubling that at least three other people handled it, and none of them ever cleared it.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I think the judge's sentence was appropriate, and am glad that C&E Gun Shows barred the dealers from future shows.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by Astute View Post
    Candidate for a Darwin Award
    I like your thinking +1

when I was at a Greensboro NC gun show
    earlier this year someones gun accidently fired
    that was standing in line. Dont think anyone was
    hurt but dont know all the details. I was leaving at the
    time

Every time a gun is handed to me by a so called gun dealer... If the action isn't already open... I open it and clear it myself.

I had one 1/2 wit gun dealer at a gun show once tell me "I'd prefer you not do that!"

What? I told him "You should have opened the action yourself before you handed it to me you idiot!" I put the gun down, turned and walked away!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    The gun just "went off," huh? NOBODY thought to point it in a safe direction first and IMMEDIATELY CLEAR IT? I suppose nobody had their finger on the trigger either?

Man, these guns are dangerous! They just seem to be going off, willy nilly, all of their own accord a LOT lately. Hope this isn't the first signs of them suddenly developing AI or something. Next thing you know, we'll have a disaster like Skynet on our hands.

//sarcastic rant off.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I dislike hearing about this. They're going to take our television privileges away again now aren't they?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    They royally fouled up but I see absolutely no reason to take the gun. How often do the courts seize a vehicle after it has been used to commit an offense (other than a drug seizure)? Just about NEVER. Can you imagine being convicted of, say, reckless driving and having your CAR taken? I would look into judicial misconduct and file an appeal and a complaint.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links