GOOD: Victim Turns The Tables - Jackson, MS

This is a discussion on GOOD: Victim Turns The Tables - Jackson, MS within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by bentcursor What bothers me most is that the police were "watching Vincent Goff for years". Good Grief!! How long does a scumbag ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOOD: Victim Turns The Tables - Jackson, MS

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor View Post
    What bothers me most is that the police were "watching Vincent Goff for years". Good Grief!! How long does a scumbag like this get a pass from the police?
    Apparently their 'watch' had a few holes in it.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

What bothers me most is that the police were "watching Vincent Goff for years". Good Grief!! How long does a scumbag like this get a pass from the police?
    The "pass" is called the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.

If you read the original article, Goff was a SUSPECT in earlier cases. However, the police never had enough evidence to charge him.

In this country, you can't be tried on mere "suspicion" of having committed crimes. There actually has to be an adequate degree of hard evidence against you.

Judging by the article, the police did the best they could under the circumstances and the law.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

It's hard for police to get a break sometimes. It seems like half of the people in this country want police to "do whatever it takes" (including running roughshod over constitutionally protected rights) to get the bad guys while the other half are waiting for police to exceed their authority so they can scream "gotcha!" (Never mind the schizophrenia exhibited by the public regarding the bill of rights - most of those who are watching and waiting for police to violate the first, fourth, fifth, eighth and fourteenth amendments would be perfectly happy if police forgot about the second amendment).

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Thumbs up

I agree with pretty much everything Ryan said.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    It would have made more sense to shoot him, during the struggle for the weapon of course, than to beat him. Now watch some ambulance
    chaser come out of the woodwork and sue the victim.
    There will be no suing in Mississippi. We are protected from litigation and don't have to retreat. He should have saved us a few dollars and broke the action over his head
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    There will be no suing in Mississippi. We are protected from litigation and don't have to retreat. He should have saved us a few dollars and broke the action over his head
    Yup, and that's just for starters...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links