Walmart shopper slaps crying child? - Page 4

Walmart shopper slaps crying child?

This is a discussion on Walmart shopper slaps crying child? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I tell you what if this dirt-bag walked up & hit my child i'd beat his silly...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Walmart shopper slaps crying child?

I tell you what if this dirt-bag walked up & hit my child i'd beat hissilly
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Well, he is being charged with a felony. Hopefully he will do some Graybar Institute time and there will be plenty of folks behind bars that will enjoy slapping him around.
    If convicted, he's going to come out with a Ph.D. in violent assault, like as not, and no "rev limiter" on his chip.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Originally Posted by "mjmoore"
    All I can say is wow !
    I would never have thought that would have flown in Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    It didnt. He is getting charged with a Felony.

Plus OMG did you take a look at his mug wowsers hahaha
    I dont think he meant that he got away with it by "law" they were in Atlanta for crying out loud, he's lucky he did'nt get shot or beat to death
    We have family in Atlanta, GA & iam originally from Flint, MI while my wife was born in Monroe, MI
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Slap my grandchild and this dirtbag would have the Kimber Legacy Symbol imprinted on the side of his face...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    In the video, he looks like he's having a good time. Smiling and all!!!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    While some kids certainly need a good spanking, slapping them in front of a parent that is not interested in punishing them, is just plain dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Slap my grandchild and this dirtbag would have the Kimber Legacy Symbol imprinted on the side of his face...I'm just sayin'...
    I agree, that is why a full size all steel 1911 is a great gun to carry!!
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    It was a long, long, long time ago, but I remember being a child, and I remember what my father told me if I acted up(at home or in public). It was something about if you scream like that again, I'll give you something to scream about.
    It was highly effective, so effective in fact that it was the same thing I started telling my daughter. Still effective, but she never screamed like that as a 2 year old baby. Maybe is bit of whining her and there when she was quite young, but never screaming. However if anybody ever threatens my child in public you can bet I will give them something to scream about. Go any further and assault my child and you will wish my father didn't raise me the way he did.
    Agreed. If she really was whinning as much as it sounds, she needed a good spanking... from the PARENTS.

I hope he gets a proper education while locked up.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    He needs some 357 Magnum therapy.
    The guy who slapped the child is a sleazeball, but his crime doesn't warrant execution via vigilantism.

The child's life wasn't in danger, so deadly force wasn't justified. The mother did exactly the right thing by calling the police.

I think ninety days in jail, a couple hundred hours of community service, and mandatory anger management classes would suffice as punishment.

Hopefully the mother of the child now realizes that there are a lot of people walking the streets who aren't coping real well emotionally, and will better control her screaming child in the future, which would include removing the child from the store if a tantrum lasts for more than a couple minutes.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

I posted this reply on another forum:

Do what you want to when dealing with an adult, it is assumed they can more or less take care of themselves but let me catch you whooping a child about the head and shoulders and it's going to be on. I'm mad now and I wasn't even there. Dang it now I gotta go shoot something.

Now it's one thing to correct your own child (and apply the that correction to the proper end) but to slap someones 2 yr old just because you are a crotchedy old bugger. I don't think so.

And the more I think about it, he still should be horse whipped.

I'm amazed at how many of us know exactly why the child was crying, and the lack of parenting skills, without being there.

Just like most news stories don't have enough information on whether a defensive shooting was a good shoot or not, this one just doesn't tell us enough.

The mother MAY indeed have not been doing her job. She MAY have also been there picking up meds for a child who just got out of the hospital, and was shopping while waiting on the pharmacy to fill the script.

I also know in this day and age that if you discipline your child in public, you may have the law called on you, or the threat of that happening. (Been there-popped my oldest son's rear in a store years ago because of how he was acting. A woman later came up to him and told him how to call the state child services for my 'abuse.')

I don't care what the child was doing, or how irresponsible the parent was, this idiot assaulted a 2 year old. If it was mine, he would be going to jail after he wakes up. If it wasn't mine, he still might.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I'm amazed at how many of us know exactly why the child was crying, and the lack of parenting skills, without being there.
    Nobody knows, who wasn't there, short of the dribbling "facts" from the news. ALL WE DO here is suppose what might be so, from the paucity of circumstances and bits of info we are dealt. That's not a sin, to kick around what might be.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If the first verbal warning didn't keep him from "shutting my kid up for me" didn't work and he came over he'd probably get a beating as soon as his arm reared back. I don't know what his intentions are, so I am going to act accordingly.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Hopefully the mother of the child now realizes that there are a lot of people walking the streets who aren't coping real well emotionally, and will better control her screaming child in the future, which would include removing the child from the store if a tantrum lasts for more than a couple minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Maybe we all are making too many assumptions here.

Maybe not though.

Since the lawyers got their beaters into everything lately being a parent has become more and more of a liablility. You cannot do the things that were once considered normal parenting anymore and all the so called progressives are saying you basically have to mind %$#@ your children into behaving. A good slap on the face or a spanking is just the type of swift, certain, and severe punishment we need for everyone. I dont care if it takes the form of saying something stupid and getting a slap to the back of the head.

I can envision a situation where a completely sane and rational man that was brought up in the good ole days and is sickened by how society evolved could possibly take parenting into his own hands.

Should the guy have gotten in trouble? By todays standards yes. I remember when being a parent for children when the parent wasnt being a parent was part of the social contract of society.

If someone gets jumped in a crowd and your standing there are you going to help them? You might want to as long as you dont think of the lawyers. But it should be your obligation as a member of society to help because the police cannot be everywhere.

There, I have gone and morphed a simple assault on a child into the degrading social contract of America. What it is though is that this incident is neither the first nor the last of its kind. It stirs up emotions in all of us because we all instantly think of if it was me and my child. Good parenting is not the issue here but maybe the real issue is not what was made out of it either.

Yes, all things aside action would also be taken on my part to keep some strangers grubby mitts of my child. Or even my dog.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links