Stupid : Accidental Discharge at Taco Bell Drive-thru

This is a discussion on Stupid : Accidental Discharge at Taco Bell Drive-thru within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One injured in accidental shooting September 01, 2009 @ 11:25 PM 2009/The Herald-Dispatch The Herald-Dispatch HUNTINGTON -- One person was taken to the hospital from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One injured in accidental shooting
    September 01, 2009 @ 11:25 PM

2009/The Herald-Dispatch

The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON -- One person was taken to the hospital from a local restaurant following a reported accidental shooting.

A Huntington Police Department report says a 28-year-old man accidentally shot himself while in a vehicle in the drive-through at the Taco Bell in the 2500 block of 5th Avenue. It occurred at 2:21 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 1.

The man was taken to Cabell-Huntington Hospital in Huntington. The Huntington Police Department is investigating.
    One injured in accidental shooting - The Herald Dispatch

Not much information here, but............reading between the lines,"it be 2AM, gots to get me a taco supreme, I be in my ride, got my hat on sideways, my rap music blaring, my gat between my legs fo' protection, when BAM. Damn! Done blasted a hole in my leg!!!"

Feel free to express opinions on the above possible scenario with your own.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

With his gat between his legs he might have blasted something else.
    Last edited by varob; September 3rd, 2009 at 07:51 AM. Reason: ...
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Ya know ... if it werent for stupid people, there would be no ND's at Taco Bell.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I've had a few ND's from the food but is this guy related to Plaxico
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Not much information here, but............reading between the lines,"it be 2AM, gots to get me a taco supreme, I be in my ride, got my hat on sideways, my rap music blaring, my gat between my legs fo' protection, when BAM. Damn! Done blasted a hole in my leg!!!"

Feel free to express opinions on the above possible scenario with your own.
    I think you are likely right on the money.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

The negligence is stifling.

Lesson: Don' be stickin' yo' finger where it don' belong.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Great play by play there.

I was in the truck at a McDonald's when a buddy did something similar. He shot him self in the heel with his new Lama .380. Crazy thing is, I watched him do it. It was like slow motion. I saw that he was gonna let the hammer down on a live round, but had his thumb on the rear sights instead of the cocked hammer. I didn't say anything because he was a avid shooter and I figured he was gonna any second move his thumb to the hammer. BANG! Ooops!

The line was full of cars and I had to move him to the passenger side and drive his azz to the hospital. YA should have seen the looks from the folks in the drivethru line when I help him hobble over to the other side of the truck.

Craziest thing about this whole thing was, he was a marksman in the military.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

[QUOTE][Craziest thing about this whole thing was, he was a marksman in the military. /QUOTE]
    That has absolutely nothing to do with safe gun handling practice,If you have ever been on the firing line you are watched like hawks and told when to lock and load and when to clear your weapon,I have seen my share of guys getting kicked off the range for unsafe handling
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Hat worn sideways is a style that has been dead 15+ yrs. dating back to the 80s.

Further as based on real past results as featured within this thread the incident very much could have been made by a person listening to Conway Twitty, AC/DC, or for that matter Linda Ronstadt blaring so as to use equally old no longer modern references.

As fact all manner of people are out at 2AM doing all manner of stupid, wit their gat held sideways.

- Janq likes rap music, as well as country and rock...but not Linda Ronstadt
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

[QUOTE=dukalmighty;1286349]
    [Craziest thing about this whole thing was, he was a marksman in the military. /QUOTE]
    That has absolutely nothing to do with safe gun handling practice,If you have ever been on the firing line you are watched like hawks and told when to lock and load and when to clear your weapon,I have seen my share of guys getting kicked off the range for unsafe handling
    Not literally there, just a figure of speech. Point being, He always bragged about being a marksman for the Military. Kinda Ironic that he'd end up shooting himself in the foot, don't ya thank?
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Janq, whats wrong with Linda Ronstad? Don't you have enough insulin to combat the sweetness of her music?

Seriously, stupid comes in all forms and fashions, at all hours of the day. A simple search will bring up many including folks at church, cops in court houses, and all number of examples of folks with their heads someplace other than where they should be.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I gots my penor right here and it's bigger 'un my gat ... BANG ... correction, was bigger ...

This is my gun and this is my taco...
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Who knows what this guy was doing, or who he was, might even been trying to Rob the place
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I thought you had ADs a few hours after eating their burritos? Not at the drive through, though.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links