Calgary's 3rd home invasion in past week

This is a discussion on Calgary's 3rd home invasion in past week within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Can't blame it all on gun control -- but.... 4 sought after 3rd home invasion in a week 4 sought after 3rd home invasion in ...

Thread: Calgary's 3rd home invasion in past week

VIP Member

Calgary's 3rd home invasion in past week

Can't blame it all on gun control -- but....

4 sought after 3rd home invasion in a week

4 sought after 3rd home invasion in a week

Last Updated: Thursday, September 3, 2009 | 5:46 PM MT

Police are hunting for four men after Calgary's third home invasion in the past week.

On Thursday around 10 a.m. police responded to a report of a home invasion in progress in the 0-100 block of Beddington Crescent N.E.

Three victims were in the home when police arrived: a man and a woman in their 40s had been restrained in the garage and another woman in her late teens was in the home. The man received minor injuries but was later released from hospital.

Police said they do not know whether anything was taken from the home nor whether the home was targeted.

The suspects are described as four men in their early to mid-20s, approximately five-foot-four to five-foot-seven inches tall, with slim builds. One suspect was described as Caucasian, two of East Indian descent and one of Asian descent, possibly Vietnamese. All four men wore disguises.

The incident is the third in the past week.

An elderly man was tied up and beaten as robbers invaded his northwest Calgary home last Friday and made off with $10,000 in cash. Police were trying to determine if that home invasion was connected to a robbery in Huntington Hills on Thursday, in which a resident was also bound and robbed.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Pretty clear it's a gang doing this, Calgary has been getting bad lately, a combination of the Oil money creating a lot of market for "recreational drugs" creating more gangs and a increase of gangs from the Indian Reserves. Coupled with the downturn in the oil business, the gangs are looking for new ways to make money.

Good news is a jeweller who shot a bad guy in Port Alberni awhile ago, just got his guns back and charges are not being pressed against him. Another jeweller who shot at a robber, but mssed has also not been charged. bit by bit we are starting to take self defense in our own hands and public opinion is being rapidly changed by events like the ones in Calgary.

To think, tough Canadian firearm laws are really working hard to deter crime. You should feel safe.

I have distant cousins in Alberta near Red Deer.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links