This is a discussion on GOOD: Granny Gets The Job Done - Bedford Township, MI within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 I think Granny did exceptionally well. She did just recently arm herself, and she took action...many wouldn't have done that. I'm ...
1. Granny didn't have her gun loaded.
2. Granny should've gotten the youths and herself in the house immediately when she first saw the perp approaching, locked the door, called 911, and stayed in the house.
3. Granny let the perp grab the grandson's shovel.
4. Granny waited to shoot until the perp was almost on top of her. If the perp was just a little smarter, he could've easily rushed her, grabbed the gun and shot all three innocents.
5. Granny wimped out and just shot to wound. A more determined aggressor very likely could've continued the attack, seizing her firearm and shooting all three innocents.
I'll give Granny a grade of 'D'.
"I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."
~ Massad Ayoob