BG vs sword....sword wins

This is a discussion on BG vs sword....sword wins within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A robbery gone wrong ended when the victim upped the ante on the would-be robber by pulling a sword.... Phoenix News - Valley Fever - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BG vs sword....sword wins

BG vs sword....sword wins

A robbery gone wrong ended when the victim upped the ante on the would-be robber by pulling a sword....Phoenix News - Valley Fever - Would-be Robber Ends Up in Sword Fight; He Only Had a Bat...Needless to Say, He Lost

2. Remove Ads

Would-be Robber Ends Up in Sword Fight;
    He Only Had a Bat...Needless to Say, He Lost

By James King in News: Phoenix New Times blog
    Friday, Sep. 4 2009 @ 12:59PM

A robbery gone wrong ended when the victim upped the ante on the would-be robber by pulling a sword.

Police say that the suspect and the victim, who are believed to have been friends, went to a check cashing store near the victim's house on Thursday.

The two men in their thirties, according to police, returned to the victim's home, where the suspect hit the victim in the shoulder with a bat in an attempt to rob him.

Little did he know he was dealing with an apparent ninja who keeps swords just laying around the house.

After being hit with the bat, the victim ran to a bedroom, grabbed a sword, and had himself a "Kill Bill" moment.

According to police, the victim hit the suspect several times with the sword, and caused what authorities call "serious injuries."

Police say that after being attacked with a sword, the suspect fled the scene, and was discovered four miles away at his apartment complex near the Black Canyon Freeway and West Camelback Road, after another resident of the complex called police to report seeing a bleeding man.

The suspect is expected to be released from the hospital in the next few days, and faces charges of armed robbery and aggravated assault.

Perhaps Don Corleone's famous quote from "The Godfather" needs some revision: "Keep your friends close, especially if they own swords."
    Swords... Serving Ninja's for over a millennium!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I own a set of reproduction Japanese Samurai swords and I know a little on how to use them. The longer one is called a Katana and was the primary sword of the Samurai warrior. The shorter one, the Wakizashi was the Samurai's personal sword that he carried everywhere he went. When in the hands of a professional, this type of weapon most always is deadly. The guy who got the sharp end of the deal here is extremely lucky. A couple of years ago in my hometown someone used a sword, and the guy was killed with just one slice by the assailant.

I prefer a large caliber handgun in the event of a home invasion or robbery....but the sword would do in a moment of desperation.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; September 5th, 2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: add phrase
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Ron Popeil would be proud... wonder if it was a Ginsu!

Sounds like there may have been a fews Buds consumed?????

I have fought sword-and-shield in the SCA.
    These fellows are skilled: put live steel in their hands instead of the rattan they routinely use and they would be most formidable!
    The ladies are not to be discounted.
    I fenced with a retired Air Force intel officer -- a pleasant lass, collar bone tall on me -- who "killed" me in 2.3 seconds ... I had blade in one hand, buckler in the other, I knew she was going to attack in 3, 2, 1 ...
    I was impressed!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

The victim was definitely a 'slice' above the rest. The BG just didn't understand the rules of a sword fight...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When not faced with a long range weapon there are several things that can be hung on the wall as "displays" that may be used for self defense. If you hang too many edged weapons around it has a tendency to arm the perp about as well as it does you. One of the things we have a tendency to forget is that even a dull sword designed for the task will split a skull or break a collar bone. Look at the Claymore types. Another great wallhanger with a lot of weight is a cheap replica Katana. The Spanish cavalry model sword is usually not too expensive, has character, and is heavy enough to do serious damage. I won't even go into the spears.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    There can be only one......
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

<Sean Connery voice ON>
    "Just like a wop. Brings a baseball bat to a swordfight!"
    <SCV Off>
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

It wasn't me, I swear!!!
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

seems like since the two guys knew each other
    that the BG would have known better than to try
    and rob the last samurai with a baseball bat.

i own a katana, it could easily take someones head off...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by llongshot View Post
    If you hang too many edged weapons around it has a tendency to arm the perp about as well as it does you.
    But does he know how to use it?

with friends like that who needs enemas...

the bat holding friend unfortunately did not make it to qualify for the darwin awards as he still lives... his sword holding friend need to practice more with his katana or maybe he needs to sharpen his sword more.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links