Bad: Home Invasion/Rape - Torrington, CT

This is a discussion on Bad: Home Invasion/Rape - Torrington, CT within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Somehow I missed this one: Teen Charged In Home Invasion, Rape - Connecticut News Story - WFSB Hartford NEW MILFORD, Conn. -- A 15-year-old has ...

Thread: Bad: Home Invasion/Rape - Torrington, CT

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Somehow I missed this one:

Teen Charged In Home Invasion, Rape - Connecticut News Story - WFSB Hartford

NEW MILFORD, Conn. -- A 15-year-old has been charged in connection with a home invasion and sexual assault in New Milford, police said.

Officers were called to the Willow Springs condominiums complex in New Milford at 2:40 a.m. for reports of a home invasion.

Police said a 25-year-old woman was assaulted inside her unit by the teen. During the assault, the woman lost consciousness, police said. When she awoke, she contacted police.

The victim was taken to New Milford Hospital and was treated and released.

Police said a 15-year-old boy was identified as a suspect in the assault. They said the teen lives with his parents at Willow Springs condominium complex. Police said he broke into the woman's home through a window screen.

"She was awakened when he came into the bedroom, a brief struggle ensued, and then he began choking her until she passed out," said Capt. Michael Mrazik of the New Milford Police Department.

Police said the woman was sexually assaulted while she was unconscious.

The unidentified teen was arrested and charged with strangulation, sexual assault in the first degree and burglary.

Police said the teen admitted to the assault in a written statement.

He is being held at the Bridgeport Juvenile Detention Center until his arraignment on Monday at Danbury Juvenile Court. The teen is a student at New Milford High School.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Sounds like he's gonna be a "student" in the Connecticut State Penitentiary!

Too bad he didn't wake up in the funeral home with a trochar in his neck giving him an embalming fluid cocktail.

What a waste of good oxygen!

It breaks my heart when a young woman is victimized and brutalized and were unable or ill prepared to defend them self. She will be scarred for life.

If only she could have turned the tables on this worthless POS.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Charge him as an adult.

Throw him in prison.

Let him find out how it feels to be raped.

She needs to be armed.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    He will be charged as an adult:

Teenager Accused Of Home Invasion, Rape To Be Tried As An Adult - WTIC

NEW MILFORD — - The teenager accused in a home invasion and rape will stand trial as an adult instead of a juvenile, the Danbury News-Times reported.

Elias Garcia, 15, is facing charges of first-degree sexual assault, first-degree strangulation and first-degree burglary following a Aug. 6 home invasion and attack of a 25-year-old woman in the Willow Springs condominium complex where both lived.

Garcia is being held on $750,000 bail and is scheduled to appear in Litchfield Superior Court on Sept. 23.

According to the arrest warrant, Garcia was wandering around the condominium complex around 2 a.m. when he spotted a front window of the victim's apartment open, the News-Times reported. Garcia allegedly ripped off the screen, climbed into the apartment and started to look around, eventually making his way into the victim's bedroom.

The victim told police she awoke to find her assailant at her bed and asked who he was and why he was there, the newspaper reported. The attacker then allegedly grabbed the woman around the throat, and after she fell unconscious, sexually assaulted her, the News-Times reported.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

I wonder if Buba will choke HIM?...
    I hope so...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wonder if Buba will choke HIM?...
    I hope so...
    Not until after he gets raped. He needs to feel what it is like.

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    I'm a firm believer that rape and sexual assualt of a child should be punishable by death. People who do this are the scum of the earth and do not deserve to share the same air as the rest of us!!!
    [One Nation Under God]

VIP Member
    Sad to say this is less than two miles from my house. I was right across from there tonight at the diner. I know some people in there.

He will get his when he gets in the big house.

DM2
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsupporter View Post
    I'm a firm believer that rape and sexual assualt of a child should be punishable by death. People who do this are the scum of the earth and do not deserve to share the same air as the rest of us!!!
    The victim was 25, the "child" was the perpetrator.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DM2 View Post
    The victim was 25, the "child" was the perpetrator.
    Yeah, I understand this......I'm making a point for those who are guilty of either!
    [One Nation Under God]

VIP Member
    We have a saying out west... "Get a rope"!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

As our gun toting old western friends would have said, "It's time for a necktie party!" hee-haw!

My late Dad was a mega old western movies buff. Once in a while we'd be watching an old western movie together when one of the actors would use that colorful phrase.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

C'mon you guys, he was undoubtedly a "good boy, never got in trouble, was popular in school, and surely would never do anything like what people are saying."

Yeah right!
    I'm glad they caught him. I hope the courts do the right thing.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Its to bad the 25 year old female didn't kick his butt....every Dad should get their kids some type of self defense training and than a licensed gun to go with it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

I see that the BG went through a window screen to gain entry to her apartment; I think this incident should highlight something for anyone wishing to avoid a home invasion - make them break something to gain entry, because breaking means making noise. Making noise means waking up, and at least having some small chance at defense of ones self.

And my guess is that the victim will join the ranks of us gun owners very soon, if not already.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Sponsored Links