GOOD We need more Sheriffs like this one - Page 2

GOOD We need more Sheriffs like this one

This is a discussion on GOOD We need more Sheriffs like this one within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This woman is an intolerable princess. She is classist and clueless (I will here limit my use of c-words). What has happened to this country? ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOOD We need more Sheriffs like this one

This woman is an intolerable princess. She is classist and clueless (I will here limit my use of c-words). What has happened to this country? There are people who don't know that two wars are going on. They don't even think about it. I think the sheriff's response nailed it.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Job well done Sheriff Boyer, and my condolences go out to the family of the SFC..

--I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Reminds me of the idiot outside of Luke Air force base that wrote a snarky letter to the editor about a fly-by over a nearby mall...
    Only to have the Base commander respond in the paper that the fly-by was part of a funeral service for a fallen airman...

I got the impression that english was that person's second language. Just makes me wonder..

People like that don't deserve to live in America.

Amen Sheriff.

I guess I might be one of those "bikers", and being in some processions.... we've had cars flat come at us as if "get out of the way or I'm running you over"... although there were 100 of us in a tight line. We've had dump trucks nearly run us over. We've had cars cut us off, push into the middle of the procession and almost hitting people, which would have killed them.

I have no respect nor sympathy for this woman, especially when she said "I almost hit one of them " ... and then wonders why they were angry at her. That told me how she was probably driving. Sorry, but it's not everyone else's issue that she had an abusive relationship 1 1/2 yrs ago.... go to counseling and learn to deal with your own bad decisions and choices in life.... and don't play the "victim" for sympathy.

And, I have been one of those "bikers" who have been assigned to block off an intersection and had people tell me how they will run me over if I don't get the @#$@# out of their way. I only smiled. There were not enough LEO's available to block all of the intersections required for the procession.

People are so self-absorbed some times... it's amazing.
    Take 10-15 minutes out of your day, and show some respect. This man gave his life ! RIP SFC Woods, and thank you.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Years ago I volunteered at a rescue squad that did their own dispatching. One night I was in the dispatcher slot, and had sent a medic and the crash truck out on a crash.

While they were at the hospital, a lady called to complain about how all the sirens ruined her church choir practice, and she had called the hospital to find out if there had been a 'bad' accident, which there hadn't.

I tried to explain to her that we send the resources that may be needed to every crash, we don't know how bad it is til we get there, and the sirens are for everyone's safety, but she was deaf to me. Funny, she wouldn't give me her name or phone number when I offered to have the Chief call her back.

Idiots are everywhere.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

The letter, sheriff's response, and her response to the story, if you want to read it all here

It's sad we have people with attitudes like hers.

Hats off to Sheriff Boyer.

God bless SFC Woods and his family.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    WOW!!! Great read!
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    This woman is a perfect example of what's wrong with our country today!

EdC
    After reading her response to the sheriff, her complaint sounded legit to me, and no cause to question her patriotism.

If it were me in her shoes, I wouldn't have bothered calling the police, though, and just written the behavior of the relatives on the bikes to their reaction to their loss and moved on.

I think the sheriff was way off base in his response. What does his and the uncle's reception coming back from Vietnam have to do with it? To me, the sheriff's response was a knee jerk reaction based on his untempered personal feelings, and not his position as sheriff.

Sounds like what the relatives on the bikes did, as described by the lady, was close to, if not actually, assault. People aren't entitled to a pass on their behavior because they're grieving someone, soldier or not. Note that I wrote "entitled." Like I said, I would have written the incident off.

Excellent letter. Well done indeed.

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    What a great response by the sheriff!

People like that lady make me sick!!! Living their cushy lives will soldiers protect thier right to behave in this manner. What a peice of trash!!
    [One Nation Under God]

Senior Moderator
    I think the sheriff was way off base in his response. What does his and the uncle's reception coming back from Vietnam have to do with it? To me, the sheriff's response was a knee jerk reaction based on his untempered personal feelings, and not his position as sheriff.
    The reception from Vietnam only tempered their resolve to not put up with any more disrespect or foolishness.

Untempered personal feelings? How can a human being NOT act on their personal feelings or let it affect their judgment ?

The Sheriff did a great job in explaining his thoughts on the subject. The woman, like most people that live in their tiny little worlds where they are the only ones that matter, was totally and completely unaware of her surroundings. She was totally oblivious to the feelings of others. By being so clueless, she was disrespecting every single person in that funeral procession.

Where I live, everyone that sees a funeral procession will pull off to the side and let them pass. People that are happen to be walking will stop and removed their hat or bow their heads until it is over. Even the big trucks will do it. The Police will do it. Firetrucks do it. People riding a bikes will do it.

In the unusual even that some yahoo does blow by everyone or ignore it, it proves that they are not from around here and from some place where respect,discipline and manners are largely unknown and unpracticed.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links