Suspect to police: 'I'm coming out commando'

This is a discussion on Suspect to police: 'I'm coming out commando' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Suspect dead all because big brother once again wanted to control what we do on our own property. If he wants a sign in his ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspect to police: 'I'm coming out commando'

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Suspect dead all because big brother once again wanted to control what we do on our own property. If he wants a sign in his yard, it should not be a crime. Just my take, we are having issues like that in my city now. The city encourages you to have yardsales, sells you a permet to do so, wont let you put up a sign to advertise, the parking enforcement comes around and tells you to remove your signs, checks your permet and acts like they are the cops when they are out doing their own thing and not their jobs.

Sorry, not meaning to be off topic, but I just see the over thing they did to him the same as I do now, the goverment taking control over what we can and cant do. No different than the goverment saying you cant turn on your lights after a certian time and so forth.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Suspect to police: 'I'm coming out commando'
    I thought he was saying he was coming out naked!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I thought "commando" was wearing clothing sans undergarments?
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Wonder what the person who called and complained about the signs is thinking now.

However, it was probably a situation that was going to happen sooner or later, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    Suspect dead all because big brother once again wanted to control what we do on our own property. If he wants a sign in his yard, it should not be a crime. Just my take, we are having issues like that in my city now. The city encourages you to have yardsales, sells you a permet to do so, wont let you put up a sign to advertise, the parking enforcement comes around and tells you to remove your signs, checks your permet and acts like they are the cops when they are out doing their own thing and not their jobs.

Sorry, not meaning to be off topic, but I just see the over thing they did to him the same as I do now, the goverment taking control over what we can and cant do. No different than the goverment saying you cant turn on your lights after a certian time and so forth.
    Agreed... Although, I suspect this fruit was a little nuttier than most and something like this may have happened with him eventually anyway, but at first glance, it is what it is and it is why I ABHOR the government overstepping its bounds. That is clearly what they're doing in this case. Just because thousands of other communities say it's ok, doesn't mean it is.

If I work my butt off night and day to pay for MY PROPERTY, then it is in fact MINE. It is MINE to do so as I please as long as I have not illegally and immorally initiated the use of force against others. This is the case whether I put up signs or put up alternating colors of christmas lights in the middle of the flippin summer!

This story is sad on two fronts.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Me too.

I also tend to agree with the other posts concerning the police state that led to this altercation. Around here, the local city police have taken over the role of code enforcement now. This guy was obviously a bit crazy though.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links