Big Mac, a gat and some weed, to go!

This is a discussion on Big Mac, a gat and some weed, to go! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Teen handed loaded gun in fast food bag - Live 5 News, Weather Sports, and Traffic for Charleston, SC- Teen handed loaded gun in fast ...

Thread: Big Mac, a gat and some weed, to go!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Big Mac, a gat and some weed, to go!

Teen handed loaded gun in fast food bag - Live 5 News, Weather Sports, and Traffic for Charleston, SC-

Teen handed loaded gun in fast food bag
    Posted: Sep 11, 2009 3:46 PM EDT Updated: Sep 11, 2009 5:37 PM EDT

By Harve Jacobs bio | email

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - On August 29, an 18-year-old man and his cousin pulled into the drive-thru at the McDonald's on Savannah Highway for a couple of chicken sandwiches. Instead of sandwiches, the two found bags of marijuana and a loaded handgun.

"It was the gun and the marijuana that was inside of a brown bag sitting inside of a McDonald's bag," said Kathy Rivera, whose son found the gun in his bag. "They noticed they had three bags. There were only two people in the car, so when he opened it he noticed it."

Police think it was a .45 caliber or 9 millimeter.

Police say the gun and the apparent bags of marijuana apparently were meant for the car behind the young man's vehicle in the drive-thru.

Those people followed the young man all the way to a gas station on Sam Rittenberg Boulevard. One of them jumped out of the car and demanded that he give them the bags. He did that. "He just passed it off to them because he didn't want to... He didn't want nothing to do with it," said Ms. Rivera.

The teen was so scared that he waited until the next day to tell his mom what happened.

Ms. Rivera called the restaurant. "She asked why he didn't contact the police. You know he is a young, black, 18-year-old child with a loaded gun and marijuana. That sounds kind of suspicious so he did the right thing," she said. "He called me and I handled it from there."

No one was hurt, even though the gun was loaded. Police haven't made any arrests in the case.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Teen handed loaded gun in fast food bag - Live 5 News, Weather Sports, and Traffic for Charleston, SC-

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 3:46 PM EDT Updated: Sep 11, 2009 5:37 PM EDT

By Harve Jacobs bio | email

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - On August 29, an 18-year-old man and his cousin pulled into the drive-thru at the McDonald's on Savannah Highway for a couple of chicken sandwiches. Instead of sandwiches, the two found bags of marijuana and a loaded handgun.

"It was the gun and the marijuana that was inside of a brown bag sitting inside of a McDonald's bag," said Kathy Rivera, whose son found the gun in his bag. "They noticed they had three bags. There were only two people in the car, so when he opened it he noticed it."

Police say the gun and the apparent bags of marijuana apparently were meant for the car behind the young man's vehicle in the drive-thru.

Those people followed the young man all the way to a gas station on Sam Rittenberg Boulevard. One of them jumped out of the car and demanded that he give them the bags. He did that. "He just passed it off to them because he didn't want to... He didn't want nothing to do with it," said Ms. Rivera.

The teen was so scared that he waited until the next day to tell his mom what happened.

Ms. Rivera called the restaurant. "She asked why he didn't contact the police. You know he is a young, black, 18-year-old child with a loaded gun and marijuana. That sounds kind of suspicious so he did the right thing," she said. "He called me and I handled it from there."

No one was hurt, even though the gun was loaded. Police haven't made any arrests in the case.
    Uhm, OK
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

If they thought it was 9mm or .45, that can only mean that it was a revolver

LOL .. or an .88 magnum ceramic glock pump action machinegun.

I think there may be more to this story them we are hearing, isnt that right Mr. Rivera
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

How is it that Police haven't made an arrest in the case? A McD's employee obviously should have been arrested. Duh!

When did they change the happy meal?

No one was hurt, even though the gun was loaded.
    Duh! Because no one touched the trigger.

They sound amazed that it didn't go off by itself.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    When did they change the happy meal?
    You just about had to buy me a new laptop, I about spit my pop all over the one in front of me.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Welcome to McDonald's would you like to try our new Veggie bag with a side order of explosive fries, lol.
    Gun control is two hands on a 500 Smith/Wesson

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    You just about had to buy me a new laptop, I about spit my pop all over the one in front of me.
    You mean soda?

VIP Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

"He just passed it off to them because he didn't want to... He didn't want nothing to do with it," said Ms. Rivera.

Something is missing here.

If they just looked in the bag, want nothing to do with it, and handed it over, how does anyone know it was loaded?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Wow... That is just freaky!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I think I've eaten at that McDonalds before, but I didn't get any weed or a new gun.

I demand a refund!

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    .88 magnum ceramic glock pump action machinegun.
    Hey dont knock it...I have 2 of these and EDC them....NO respect, No respect at all ....shhssssh

Links