STUPID: Pharmacy "Readiness" test - Page 2

STUPID: Pharmacy "Readiness" Test

This is a discussion on STUPID: Pharmacy "Readiness" Test within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I really am still having trouble that there were seriously managers who even remotely thought this would be a good idea. Even beyond that, what ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I really am still having trouble that there were seriously managers who even remotely thought this would be a good idea.

Even beyond that, what about the employees who carried it out? What were they thinking? "Oh ok, sounds like a great idea! Sure boss!"

This situation could have turned far worse had someone decided to defend themselves, whether it was with a legally carried (or legally present on premises) firearm, knife, pen, syringe filled with some crazy stuff or just air, whatever.

The hostage situation never even came close to making sense either. What kind of idiot criminal would take hostages if the point is to get some oxy and get out of there before the cops get there? Taking a hostage almost guarantees your failure (as a criminal), in one way or another. It also greatly increases your jail time if you're not shot by a sharpshooter first.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    I really am still having trouble that there were seriously managers who even remotely thought this would be a good idea.

Even beyond that, what about the employees who carried it out? What were they thinking? "Oh ok, sounds like a great idea! Sure boss!"

This situation could have turned far worse had someone decided to defend themselves, whether it was with a legally carried (or legally present on premises) firearm, knife, pen, syringe filled with some crazy stuff or just air, whatever.

The hostage situation never even came close to making sense either. What kind of idiot criminal would take hostages if the point is to get some oxy and get out of there before the cops get there? Taking a hostage almost guarantees your failure (as a criminal), in one way or another. It also greatly increases your jail time if you're not shot by a sharpshooter first.
    And that my friend, is why Jack Bauer is your "homeboy!"

You have this one nailed! I'm with you.... This was ridiculous in the extreme!

btw... I like your Avatar.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

This is beyond stupid. I hope the gal gets a small fortune from whomever OKed this.

Dude.....WOW...just, wow. Not a good idea...I'm just shakin my head at this one.

What complete idiots thought this one up? Even in the tech field I've worked at places where we've done readiness drills/disaster recovery scenarios that involved physical altercation drills as well, but EVERYONE was made aware well in advance that they were drills.

I worked at a small IT shop that was located in an industrial complex for a few years and one of our next door neighbors was the Brazilian Army Commission, so obviously we thought ahead enough to incorporate that into our disaster plans/scenarios.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Ditto.
    Very much unprofessional and just out right clownish, like these clowns...

YouTube - Hidden Camera : Street Shooting (Mad Boys)

- Janq

I agree.
    Jang, you can tell this is one of those stupid foreign candid camera shows, in one of those Ukranian,? countries where handguns are not legal to own in the first place, and the whole town is in on the whole spoof.

WASHINGTON DID’NT USE HIS RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH TO DEFEAT THE BRITISH, HE SHOT THEM
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links