Guns save Lives

Guns save Lives

This is a discussion on Guns save Lives within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Kansas City woman shoots armed home invader in self defense Kansas City woman shoots armed home invader in self defense September 10, 6:18 AMSelf-Defense ExaminerEric ...

Thread: Guns save Lives

VIP Member

Guns save Lives

Kansas City woman shoots armed home invader in self defense

Kansas City woman shoots armed home invader in self defense
    September 10, 6:18 AMSelf-Defense ExaminerEric Puryear

A Kansas City, MO woman shot an armed and dangerous criminal who was trying to break in a 3 AM.

Police say that a home invader, who was armed with a handgun, tried to break in to a woman's apartment in the Wild Oaks apartment complex. The woman heard the attempted home invasion and fired through the door at the criminal. The would-be home invader then fired his own gun at the woman, but missed. The criminal was shot twice, but is expected to live and face charges. Neither the woman nor any innocent bystanders were harmed.

Home invaders have been known to do terrible things to their victims - especially when those victims are women or young girls. When the home invaders are armed, they obviously have quite an advantage over their victims. Since a person willing to break into a home and then commit even more serious crime therein is also willing to break gun control laws, such criminals are often armed. However, even when unarmed, many if not most men are still capable of overpowering an unarmed woman. I say this not to disparage women, but to point out that as a matter of biology and perhaps our societal norms, men tend to be physically stronger than women. As a result, a situation where no one is armed is one where the woman tends to lose, and 911 is seldom able to help in time.

However when women are armed, they are in the best position possible to stop their attackers before it is too late. This armed woman used her gun to stop violent ex who broke into her home and cornered her in her bedroom. This ill but armed woman was able to fend off 3 home invaders, including one who came back to attack her again. This armed woman was able to defend herself against a rapist who came back to rape her for a second time in a week. This 85 year old armed woman held a young burglar at gunpoint and made the burglar call the police on himself. This armed woman stopped an attacker who tried to ambush her. This armed pregnant woman used a shotgun to scare away two home invaders. This armed female school teacher used a gun to save herself from a convicted felon who broke into her home. This armed woman saved herself and her family from a pair of armed, kidnapping, home invaders. I could list more examples, but the point should be clear: Guns save lives.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Someone should forward this article to the Chief of Police in Fitchburg MA. GO GRANDMA!

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    Someone should forward this article to the Chief of Police in Fitchburg MA. GO GRANDMA!

Good idea.

I was thinking along the same lines, but maybe to the paper w/ the Fitchburg article.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Very good link in that story.
    LearnAboutGuns.com

Sponsored Links