BAD: Dog attack - Page 3

BAD: Dog attack

This is a discussion on BAD: Dog attack within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'll go a step further. Put down any stray dog without tags that is people aggressive. That also goes for Rotts, GSD, Rotts, Malinois, Douge ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BAD: Dog attack

I'll go a step further. Put down any stray dog without tags that is people aggressive. That also goes for Rotts, GSD, Rotts, Malinois, Douge de Bordeaux and Presa Canirio.

I know laws vary by state but in ohio if you house a pit without insurance and the other requirements you lose your dog and can go to jail. Now if we can just get animal control to do something and pick up the dogs we will make some progress. We need to enforce the laws we have before we enact new ones.

I have no problem with putting owners in jail. For every good pit owner ther are 20 bad ones. See my above posts about "ghetto" pits. A lot of those owners already have warrants and use the dogs to watch the door. Sweep the drug dogs up and put them down.

If your dog attacks someone while off your property then you are liable. On your own property the issue becomes more complicated. The trespassers motive becomes questioned. If it attacks the owner then it isn't my problem.

The other issue is insurance companies need to be willing to write the policy that the law requires.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

If I had a dog that was aggressive and attempted to bite or attack someone without any 'serious' provocation..... they would never have to worry about it, as I would shoot the dog myself in an instance.

There is a difference between a bite, and a full fledged attack, and being dumb enough to stick our hand in the middle of a dog fight.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    None of this matters, the fact is when these dogs do bite or attack they don't stop. Sure any dog will bite if provoked or frightened. But Pit Bulls will kill or seriously harm what/whoever they bite. And yes, I know all about how it's not the dogs fault, and sure I've been bitten and even attacked by dogs. But I was never in fear of my life when this happened. Scarred, yes. But never in fear of my life.

Now I'm surely not an expert on dog behavior, but it doesn't take an expert to know what happens when these dogs do decide to bite and attack. And all one needs to do is view the endless number of videos and cable network specials profiling these vicious animals attacking other people and animals to see why these dogs have such a deservedly bad reputation.

We are dog owners and pet lovers, but I would never own an animal that could with little or no effort knock over a small child grab him/her by the neck and with one or two shakes or with one bite crush its throat and kill that child. And I would bet if you ask any of the parents who lost a child or loved one to these vicious animals they probably now feel the same.

Just my .02 cents.
    This is a good example of someone who gets their education about Pit bulls from the media.

"And all one needs to do is view the endless number of videos and cable network specials profiling these vicious animals attacking other people and animals"

Go to a local shelter that has pit bulls up for adoption and spend some time with a pit bull and you will see they are just dogs. Not the monsters the media wants you to believe they are.

Remember, the same people who put out the "endless number of videos and cable network specials" are the same people who put out the anti gun videos and specials.

Educate yourself by doing your homework and then form an opinion based on what YOU discover and not the spin doctors of the media who only want to tell stories to put fear in the uneducated who are too lazy to find out the truth on their own.
    Last edited by Maverick7340; September 24th, 2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick7340 View Post
    "And all one needs to do is view the endless number of videos and cable network specials profiling these vicious animals attacking other people and animals"
    Get a grip folks. If you saw in print " And all one needs to do is view the endless number of videos and cable network specials profiling these dangerous assault weapons" you all would have your undies in a bunch. Now insert "a big scary dog" and you run to "there ought to be a law" or emotion based opinion and all the other BS the anti gunners are flying in our face. Shame on you. If you are willing to jump to the logic that breed specific laws (inluding insurance requirements and the like) then do not be surprised when they come to tell you as an owner of a big scary caliber handgun you must carry <insert here>. Sheesh. You pulled my chain!

I won't stop racing when I get old, I will get old when I stop racing

NRA Life, Master Mason, Jack-of-All-Trades (Master of None)

I was bite by a, large dog not pit bull type, on my left wrist. My wrist watch saved me from a very bad injury. It all happened so quick that had I been armed I do not think I could have drawn and fired because my fight reaction was to use my right fist and thumb to poke into the dogs eyes. When the dog let go he ran away, and thankfully I was not severally hurt.

Where is Bunny?

Couple of months ago a darn chuwawa (sp) yappy dog nipped at my pants leg almost punted the sob,missed him by hair.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links