4 Chicago cops admit home invasions, thefts

This is a discussion on 4 Chicago cops admit home invasions, thefts within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Imagine running into these BG's, either during a home invasion or a carjacking. They were probably well armed and well trained. Firing on them would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Chicago cops admit home invasions, thefts

Imagine running into these BG's, either during a home invasion or a carjacking. They were probably well armed and well trained. Firing on them would likely have brought heavy return fire, assuming you were armed in the first place (Chicago).

4 Chicago cops admit home invasions, thefts - STLtoday.com

09/18/2009

CHICAGO (AP) Four former members of an elite Chicago police unit have admitted taking part in a brazen operation in which they barged into homes and stole money -- in one case after withholding insulin from a diabetic man until he told him were to find the cash.

The four also admitted that they stopped Hispanic motorists who were driving nice cars, took the drivers' keys and illegally searched their homes, later dividing the money they found.

The four pleaded guilty Friday -- three to felony theft and one to felony official misconduct. All four were sentenced to six months in jail and promised to cooperate in the ongoing investigation.

Friday's court action comes about two years after the department disbanded the unit amid allegations that its members had committed crimes ranging from home invasion and kidnapping to plotting a murder-for-hire.
    They only got 6 months for these crimes????

Must have BG friends in high places. Oh that's right, it's Chicago. Never mind.

It makes sense now.

2. Remove Ads

Ape
    Corrupt town to be sure.... But you also have to remember that gun control laws there are amongst the most hideous in the country. So comitting any type of armed robbery there is much easier with the public at large kept from defending themselves.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Why do you think they don't want people in chicago to have hand guns.

Well, they may have figured all the politician's were getting theirs, so.....

I'm so glad to have than place behind me.

When they get out... they are qualifed to work for the current administration in DC as Crime Czars.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    When they get out... they are qualifed to work for the current administration in DC as Crime Czars.
    That's actually not a laughing matter...probably an accurate statement.

Tell me the whole Chicago system isn't corrupt...people get what they vote for. I'll never step foot in IL...ever!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

DM2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Why do you think they don't want people in chicago to have hand guns.
    +100 on that one.

This is why I don't want to have any encounters with the police. Some police here in the D have been known to cross to the other side and I'm not so sure they are all off the streets.

Six months in jail is laughable and I'm sure they won't be in the general population. If they are this bad, I'm sure the possibility exists that some of their soon to be cell mates may have crossed their paths in the past.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

VIP Member
    All four were sentenced to six months in jail
    ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

6 months minus good time, and their time on the cell blocks as cops count.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Every post in this thread thus far has been pretty much spot on!

Chicago = Bad juju!

I agree, the people who continue to vote in corruption time and time again deserve what they get. The scary part is that once a corrupt political machine becomes ensconced into position it is very hard to break the cycle. Voter and election fraud become part of what keeps them in place.

It's a hard dynamic to break out of. So for the time being, I avoid known strongholds of corruption.

You won't see me spending time or money in Chicago land.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I see Chicago hasn't changed since Al Capone.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DM2 View Post
    +100 on that one.

This is why I don't want to have any encounters with the police. Some police here in the D have been known to cross to the other side and I'm not so sure they are all off the streets.

Six months in jail is laughable and I'm sure they won't be in the general population. If they are this bad, I'm sure the possibility exists that some of their soon to be cell mates may have crossed their paths in the past.
    I'd have to agree, there has been a history of corruption in Detroit from the Mayor on down, and not just recently
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Ah, Chicago. Where the "great melting pot" has simply ended up with everyone so much like everyone else it's hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys, and with the good guys outright acting like the bad guys.

The four pus bags were believed to have engaged in a string of murder-for-hire, kidnapping, home invasion, and God knows what other crimes against the citizens they'd sworn to protect. They get charged with home invasions, carjackings and robberies. They cop a plea, getting 6mos in jail. Notice it says nothing about them losing their jobs. I'm assuming they get promoted, since they're cooperating with he investigators. I'm assuming it involves lipstick.

They must have taken the SCOTUS ruling to heart, the one that formally absolves law enforcement of having a duty to protect any one citizen.

The more things change, the more things stay the same in corrupt Chicago. Politically and administratively, it's a sewer awaiting a bonfire.

Its citizens ought to be enraged at what has become of the city. Perhaps they're simply too dizzy from a lifetime of bending over.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It won't ever change until the dead people stop voting. And we all know the Justice Department won't look into any of this corruption.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links